How long have you been on CM, and what was happening in your life when you joined?

I joined in May 2008. I had just found out I was pregnant with my now five month old daughter. I had been with my fiance for a little over a year. I was 19, and now I'm 20.

Yeesh, time flies by fast.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 10:28 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I joined in either late March or early April of this year. I'm prego and at home....and in a town where I don't know anyone. So I decided to try to see if there were any moms in my area on here. There are a few, but they never get on.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:30 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• About 7 months. My cat had just died unexpectedly and I was feeling very blue.

Answer by Bmat at 10:30 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I've been here since March 2007 and was living somewhere where I had no family other than DH and oldest dd. We moved for DH's job, to a place where we were 3 hours from our families.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 10:33 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I joined 2 years ago...I joined a local group and they moved it here because this site is free.
    Anonymous

• I have been here on the original incarnation called Club Mom since it's inception 7 or 8 years ago, I have only been over here at Cafe mom since Jan when they pulled the plug at club mom. My son was diagnosed with ADHD and I was looking for info and what I call my online support group. In that time I have made lifelong friends.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:42 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I joined in February 2007, after seeing it advertised on my myspace page. I was 22, I was a new mom, and I was all alone with my husband deployed and my family 1000 miles away. I was very alone and I really had no one to talk to. I joined several groups. I met some moms from my local group and we had many playdates and I also met several awesome ladies from one of my other groups, the Patio, and now consider many of them close friends :)
    tangyh

Answer by tangyh at 10:50 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Wowww I had no idea that Club Mom had been around that long!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:51 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I joined at the end of January 2007. I was living in Pennsylvania back then and my youngest daughter was 9 months old. Now she's 3 and quite the handful and we're living back in Chicago again.
    I remember there wasn't much to do here when I first joined. There were just photos and journals. Then a week after I joined they started groups and this place just took off.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:00 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I joined way back in 2005 I had heard of cafemom from an ad on myspace. Nothing very exciting was going on in my life I just noticed there were autism groups and I wanted to learn more about it because my oldest has it so here I am.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 11:08 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• been on here right at a year now..........it was summer vacation just like now..........and now i get on facebook more often since i got that acct a few months ago............espec. farmtown.........takes alot of my time and my CM friends are there too..........LOL..............and i have had two new granddaughters born since i started on here they are 3 and 4 weeks old now!
    twarmymm

Answer by twarmymm at 11:10 PM on Jun. 15, 2009