help. I got mirgrane. It wont stop. I think its from spinal tap.

I got a mirgrane on right side of my head and its killing me. I even cried with it hurting. Iam scared to ask my doc for more pain meds. I was sent home percit 5mg (sp) and also 800mg of ibuprofen. My Tyleno isnt helping this pain. Iam calling my doc first thing in morning. Ive had this head pain since Saturday.

seasnakesc

Asked by seasnakesc at 10:32 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Health

• Alright Dearheart I just Googled migraines and it said to have a vigorous workout to get your endorphines going and then right after to go in the shower for 20 min and have the hot water run on the back of your neck and this should help better than medication. I hope this helps. Good luck and god bless. C......................................
    Cynthia38

Answer by Cynthia38 at 1:54 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• you actually should call the Dr now... he can give you a blood patch ..it will work very quickly
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:37 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I have mirgranes and been on imitrex injections for years ( it helps if i catch it in time) but another things I found that helps when I have one is get a lg bowl of Ice water and keep dipping a washcloth in it and running it over my head. That or freeze a bottle of water and put it at the back of my neck.
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 10:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I got the same headache after I had my first son in 2006. The anesthesiologist called it a spinal headache. He gave me a blood patch and it was gone. You should call your doctor. If your headache is anything like mine was, I know you are in some serious pain. Hope you get to feeling better soon!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 10:57 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Skip the Tylenol and take the Ibuprofren, take it with caffiene (it makes the meds work faster). Also, if the Ibuprofren isn't working, GO TO THE ER, do not fool around with headaches.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:57 PM on Jun. 15, 2009