should i move or not?

so ive been living with my mom for a little over a year, since right before i had my daughter. i am currently working part time and going to school. lately all me and my mom have been fighting and it seems like she almost always has something mean or rude to say about me or one of my friends. so last week she told me i better get my own place this summer. than a couple days ago she said i could stay there as long as i needed but nothing got any better. so what do you ladies think? should i try to get my own place or stay with my mom for a while longer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• I would look for my own place. In fact, I was in the same predicament but, I looked for a place on my own. My daughter was 2months when I got a place with my sister. Good luck
    Ilovemy5joys

Answer by Ilovemy5joys at 10:51 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• You are in a tight spot, and so is your mom. There may be issues that are bothering her that she don't want to say ( maybe she'd rather be rude that really hurt your heart). Talk to her again, when things are not heated. There's bound to be more at the bottom of this all. From the stand point of a mom with grown children, I can tell you honestly, we do not want to see our kids struggling trying to be on their own - and your mom knows with you working part time and going to school that you'll have a really tough time - so knowing that - I still say there's more going on. Maybe she feels that you're being or acting in a way that makes her feel slighted or taken advantage of - even used. Mom's are women too and we get our feeling hurt - I"m not siding with her - I'm just saying that maybe there's something that you need to be doing to help usher the situation to a better place.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:01 PM on Jun. 15, 2009