A question about pregnancy

If you have an inconsistent period and bleeding lasts for 1-2 months, can you get pregnant while you are bleeding

*Plz don't answer by saying to go to a Doctor. Been there done that and they really don't know what is wrong with me. I figure I must be ovulating since I am bleeding. I just need to know if anyone has ever gotten pregnant while still bleeding OR gotten a period while pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• a friend of mine would have her period every month the whole time she was pregnant with her son. and yes you can get pregnant when you are on your period but its not common at all. hope you find out whats going on. with that much bleeding be sure to stay hydrated and get lots of iron in your diet.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:07 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Normally from what i heard there is a chance you can get pregnant while bleeding, but its not likely. Normally bleeding is an aftermath of ovulation. After you ovulate you normally only have a 24 hr window to fertilize the egg.
    atjm0919

Answer by atjm0919 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• some people get spotting periods throughout their entire pregnancy ..and it is normal for them

yes you can get pregnant while you are menstruating

it can be normal to be irregular but you should have a pattern...

bleeding for more then 10days needs to be addressed.if your doctor can not figure it out get a new one
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2009