Have you ever just up and left the state?

how much planning did you do?
Where did you go?
How long did it take you to find housing/job?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• One week of planning

Went to Philidelphia, PA

Left because I had a job offer that included housing. For a while I was rolling, $3000/month!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• very little planning, just had to make a phone call to transfer my job and i also made calls on the way to get an apartment and wired the money ahead of us. it was awesome.
    MHaney1980

Answer by MHaney1980 at 10:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• If you don't mind me asking, what do you ladies do for work?
    Anonymous

• Yup! I used to live in California I met a guy online who lived in NY state. After corresponding with him for 3-4 months I decided to move in with him (as roommates). I took a month to pack my things. I lived with him for 6 months and I got very depressed. Instead of returning to California, I stayed in the area. I now have my own apartment, I met a great guy and we have a 11 month old daughter. I'm currently staying at home with her (living off of inheritance money). I've been here for over 7 years now!!!!
    Anonymous

• oh i was only 22 at the time, worked at walmart. didn't have any kids yet so it was easy lol.
    MHaney1980

Answer by MHaney1980 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• ^^^ I was working at a bill collecting agency before I took time off.
    Anonymous

• Twice (well, three times, but the first was when I was living with my mother and left to live with my dad).

The first time, we didn't have kids yet and left with pretty much no planning, from Wisconsin to Illinois. We left with no jobs and no place to live. My husband found a job in the first week, and it took us about 3 months to get on our feet after we moved.

The second time was when my oldest was 3 years old and my youngest was 4 months old. We had decided to move from Illinois to Nevada, and put the house on the market. It sold in only 3 days, so we scrambled quickly to work things out. My husband flew out here for two days and got a job, and then we moved 2 weeks later so he could start work. We hadn't even seen the place we would be living. My dad's a real estate agent and I told him I didn't care, just find us something new in a nice neighborhood, and I sent him money for it. It worked out fine.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:50 AM on Jun. 16, 2009