Am i losing my baby?

ok so this is my 3rd pregnancy, but i've never been thru this. I am 6 weeks and 6 days pregnant. About 3 days ago I started bleeding, not like a pad per hour but it was more than spotting. I had gone to the hospital and after being there for six hours the doctor couldnt figure out why. I have no blood around my uterus, my cervix was still closed, baby had a heart beat, and I most definatly had NO pain. Just the blood. It let up that night, with minor growing pains, and came back the next morning. Now three days later, I still have this pregnancy "period". If you want to know how much blood, Its enough to be a dollar coin, but not enough to even wear a pad. Nothing leaks, alothough it last s almost all day. What am I going thru??? As I stated, this is not my first pregnancy, and I know every single one is different. Goodness Im so confused.

mz_kara808

Asked by mz_kara808 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• That happened to me when I was under a lot of stress. The doctor called it a "threatened abortion". He just said to take it easy and it should go away. After a couple od days it did and now I have a healthy 10 yr. old. Don't worry especially since you have no pain.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 10:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• some people bleed there whole pregnancy-
    also it could have been twin pregnancy and ur looisng or lost one of them, something like 60 percent of pregnancy start as twins.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 10:54 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• awww sorry
    I wish I knew
    I suggest you get in to your reg doc
    good luck
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• rest and hydration
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:57 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• did they check you for a uti? i have done that 3 times now just like u said and this is my third, i never ever had this till this baby..i hope everything goes ok for you hunny!!
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 11:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• my friend had random spotting through her whole preg was on and off bedrest. baby is now 9 months old and healthy. but it was her placenta slightly tearing i think. i forget the name.
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 11:59 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Yes every pregnancy is different have had 4 babies! I bleed with 2 of them! My second daughter I had placenta previa so that's why I bleed with her but on my last baby I spotted and bleed like your saying but the doctor never figured out why! I went to the hospital a lot cuz I freaked out and to make sure that the baby was ok! You did the rigt thing by going in and getting checked out and if the babies heart is beating than most likely he/she will be ok! And I did that through out my whole pregnancy! I know its scary but God will take care of you and the baby!!

SD777

Answer by SD777 at 3:08 AM on Jun. 16, 2009