mom's with twins how much did you really use the double stroller?

should i really spend the money and buy a double stroller. I got my carseats today and the matching double stroller is 150.00.......do i really need a double stroller?

twinsnseptember

Asked by twinsnseptember at 10:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dont have twins, but i have 2 girls that are only 16 months apart, and I use my double stroller all the time. I really comes in handy, or at least it does for me.
    atjm0919

Answer by atjm0919 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• There is a guy in the neighborhood who has twins and he uses his double stroller every night. I guess it just depends on your lifestyle.
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 10:57 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I don't have twins but I do have a double stroller for my infant and two-year-old and OMG yes yess it is worth the money! I love being able to take them for walks and we can go shopping, etc. It gives me the freedom I need to get out, just the 3 of us. However, my husband is deployed and I have to do everything alone and I love being active and getting out of my house! If you think you'll always have your SO with you it might be cheaper to just have two single strollers but it sure is nice when it is just you!
    tangyh

Answer by tangyh at 10:57 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I don't have twins either but I have boys 13 months apart. If I didn't have my double stroller I never would have went anywhere! I loved having it. In the evenings if we went out with DH we just used two singles but during the day if I wanted to go anywhere I used the double stroller. Besides going out it was nice to have to take walks. If you don't want to spend that much look for a used one.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 11:24 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• My 2 youngest are 17 months apart & I loved the double stroller. Check local children's consignment stores & you might be able to score a great deal on a used on. Congrats!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:26 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I watch my sister's kids. Her baby is 3 months and mine is 10 months. She was going to buy one so I could take them out.
    Anonymous

• i dont have twins but my hubby & i debated buying a stroller when i was pregnant. he said we didn't need one cuz u can just put the car seat on a cart if ur in the store but i said what about every where else? i use my stroller for everything except shopping. what about trips to the park? car seats are super heavy so u cant just carry them everywhere. i use my stroller when im going into a store just to look, or walking around the mall, or today for going to the laundromat cuz u cant carry everything at once. especially with twins, u will really have ur hands full. if i were u i would just think about the types of outings ur family plans, ur amount of help u will have with the babies, and what u think u can manage
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:38 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I use mine all the time with my twins. I think it just depends on what you do though I suppose. I walk a lot to the park and such, so I use it there. When I go to the mall and on outings, I use it. I don't use it grocery shopping yet though, only because they're only 5 months old and they usually fall asleep on the way so I just keep them in the car seats while we're there, but I'm sure when they're older, I'm going to use it a lot more than I do now.
    Good Luck!
    Rosalie29

Answer by Rosalie29 at 12:15 AM on Jun. 16, 2009