I need to know the verse that states confessing your sins to God....

The reason I ask is because a friend of mines mother says God doesn't know your sin until you actually confess them to Him. I think God knows all we do whether we confess or not but I need to know where to look. Thanks so much!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Umm no that is definately not true. God knows all of our sins but it is up to us to confess to God that He is the Lord and sent his son Jesus to die for our sins so that we could be saved. After one is saved they normally confess their sins to God because they feel guilty of them. Heres a couple verses James 5:16 _1John 1:9_ btw it is human nature to sin God knows this and no person is perfect : ) hope i helped ya!
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 11:22 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• see if any of these verses help you ok im not sure what one you are talking about...
    Leviticus 5:5 And it shall be, when he shall be guilty in one of these things, that he shall confess that he hath sinned in that thing:
    Hosea 5:15 I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early.
    Job 33:27-28 He looketh upon men, and if any say, I have sinned, and perverted that which was right, and it profited me not; He will deliver his soul from going into the pit, and his life shall see the light.
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:23 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Joshua 7:19 And Joshua said unto Achan, My son, give, I pray thee, glory to the LORD God of Israel, and make confession unto him; and tell me now what thou hast done; hide it not from me.
    Jeremiah 3:13 Only acknowledge thine iniquity, that thou hast transgressed against the LORD thy God, and hast scattered thy ways to the strangers under every green tree, and ye have not obeyed my voice, saith the LORD.
    James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:24 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Leviticus 26:40-42 If they shall confess their iniquity, and the iniquity of their fathers, with their trespass which they trespassed against me, and that also they have walked contrary unto me; And that I also have walked contrary unto them, and have brought them into the land of their enemies; if then their uncircumcised hearts be humbled, and they then accept of the punishment of their iniquity: Then will I remember my covenant with Jacob, and also my covenant with Isaac, and also my covenant with Abraham will I remember; and I will remember the land.
    Proverbs 28:13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.
    hinson7169

• Leviticus 26:41 And that I also have walked contrary unto them, and have brought them into the land of their enemies; if then their uncircumcised hearts be humbled, and they then accept of the punishment of their iniquity:
    Nehemiah 9:33 Howbeit thou art just in all that is brought upon us; for thou hast done right, but we have done wickedly:
    Ezra 9:13 And after all that is come upon us for our evil deeds, and for our great trespass, seeing that thou our God hast punished us less than our iniquities deserve, and hast given us such deliverance as this;
    Anonymous

• so that is not true cause God knows what we think before you even think it
    here are some more verses
    HERE ARE SOME VERSES WHERE GOD KNOWS EVERYTHING
    1Jo 3:20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things
    Psalm 139 1-4

O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD.
    HOPE THIS HELPED
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:28 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Great thank you guys so much it is very helpful. God Bless!
    Anonymous

• I think God said to confess our sins to one another---and pray for each other. I am not sure He says to confess to him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• my opinion of confessing is this....when you admit your sins whether it is to yourself or to a friend, you are facing your bad actions...i dont call them sins though, i consider them our moral discretions...you konw in your heart whats right and wrong.....and when you own up to that, face it and accept it and move on ......your conquering your own faults. and that helps to "x" them out
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:42 AM on Jun. 16, 2009