birth control confusion

so i just started my birthcontrol a week ago. i have had sex with my boyfriend and he came in me. im not sure if i should keep taking it or wait and see till next month. i know it usually dont "kick in" for a couple weeks. so if anyone has any advice plz help me out lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• BCP taken correctly are effective immediately
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 11:16 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• The pill can be an effective morning after pill as well as a regular birth control. I wouldn't worry about it.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 11:21 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• why would you stop u unless you want to get pregnant??? and if your not sure its effective yet because some doctors recommend waiting 2 weeks before ditching the condom you can just have him wear a condom
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 11:21 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• the doctor I go to and planned parenthood both told me that if you havent been using birth control then use condoms for a week after you start your pills. That's all I know. I just listened to them, and if he didn't like to use the condom for a week he could go with out for a week.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 11:21 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• See, I thought they weren't supposed to be fully effective until about a month into taking them, which is why doctors recomend using a back up method for the first month or so. But don't stop taking them!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:21 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• No they are not effective immediately, they take about a month to be 99%..... even if taken right you still can get pregnant with in the first month easily.... but i would continue to take them
    Anonymous