jury is out...

Hi ladies,
well i am just getting in about an hour ago. for the last week my family and i have been in court for my brother in laws murder. the jury went out to deliberate at 5pm today. they were dismissed at 9:30pm after asking the judge to be let go for the night. what do you think it means to have the jury taking this amount of time so far. any comments would be appreciated. just wondering if anyone has any experience with the "usual" outcome of a jury based on how long it is out. thanks!

BusyB-Mommy

Asked by BusyB-Mommy at 11:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• probably everyone but 1 or two have the same conclusions and 1 or 2 have a different and they are tiring to all come to the same conclusion
    Anonymous

• i am hoping that is it. there was no actual eyewitness but a witness left in the car when the guy ran into the alley and murdered him. the defendent did not testify-what do you think about that?
    BusyB-Mommy

Answer by BusyB-Mommy at 11:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• thanks! im hoping it comes back the way we want it to. my husband will be crushed. it will be like him dying all over again if he gets to walk away from this. his girlfriend testified that night he looked her in the eyes and said he did what he had to do. some months before my brother in law stole the guys gold chain(something he should not have done but did not decide to die over) the girlfriend testified that night she drove to maryland(we live in pa) with him and he threw something in a dumpster and then they came bak. a friend of his testified he was with him when he saw my brother in law and shot at him and then chased him into the alley and came back and said he just shot him. also keep in mind this guy used to be a pretty good friend with my husband and the families all know each other. its horrible. we have to go back to the courtroom 2mrw morning at 9am for the jury to continue deliberating
    BusyB-Mommy

Answer by BusyB-Mommy at 12:00 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• not sure but I will pray for you and your family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Keeping you and your family in my thoughts. Best of luck to you.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:10 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Don't give up hope. To me, if they're taking a lot of time it's because there's an element of doubt. If they had ALL agreed to a guilty or not guilty verdict it would have come back quickly so it could go either way but hopefully in your favor. At any rate, I don't think he'll walk away scott free but it may not be entirely the verdict you want.
    beckysmom11251

Answer by beckysmom11251 at 9:36 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• IF THEY ARE TAKING SO MUCH TIME IT MEANS THERE IS DOUBT. JURIES ARE SO UNPREDICTABLE THOUGH, I WISH YOU THE BEST OUTCOME!

Answer by older at 11:47 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I wish you the best of luck.. court cases take forever.. I'm dealing with court cases because of my car (turns out I bought a stolen car from a dealer).. It took over a year to even get a court date.. although my end of the court is done, the guy that sold me the car still has a court date up and coming for criminal charges.

Courts take a long time.. but hopefully, like me.. you win the case.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:40 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• just fyi guilty of murder 1 life in prison without the poss. of parole. yay!!!!!
    BusyB-Mommy

Answer by BusyB-Mommy at 7:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2009