Is this unreasonable???......

My husband and I are driving to see my family next month, it's roughly a 14 hour drive, and my family and I rarely see one another. Just one of those things. However, I have 5 siblings that I need to try to visit in only 6 days so I planned on staying with one brother for 3 and one of my sisters for 2 nights. I figured the others could meet us there, especially since we drove all the way out there...again. I feel like one of my siblings is giving me a lot of grief about it and she says that I am making it hard on her to drive to my brothers. (same state, just a couple hours at most for her to drive) Last time we went we spent the entire 7 days driving all over 2 states and saw everyone for maybe a half day at most. Am I being unreasonable by telling her that if she cannot make it I can not afford to, nor do I want to, drive all over creation again like we did before and that is how it has to be?....

MansfieldMomma

Asked by MansfieldMomma at 11:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• I completely understand. My husband's family is like that. We always drive there to visit, but if we don't make time to go to each one's house, they throw a fit, but none of them have ever come to visit us. Just like pp said, tell them you can't afford the extra trip, and if they want to see you, you would be ecstatic for them to meet you at your brothers. Don't let them push you over! Good luck and try to have a good trip despite the drama!
    Erin1108

Answer by Erin1108 at 11:54 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• CONT'D
    I might add that these are all my half brothers and sisters and I am the youngest...my nearest sibling in age is about 14 years older than I am. My sisters husband said that they are more than willing to meet me where ever they need to, but she paints a very different picture. I am ready to tell her not to even bother because I do not want what little time I have with my family to be filled with drama. I just feel that her behavior is childish and ungrateful...especially since she has not made a trip out here to visit me or my parents in over 20 years...no exaggeration...
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 11:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• no not unreasonable. me and my fiance have to drive hours to see his sibings and since i got pregnant i told him he has one more time to do it then it stops and they come to us because they have no kids and nothing to do besides wait for us to visit them...just tell hr too bad u haf a life too
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 11:40 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Just be honest and tell her youn's are unable to travel to everyone's this time due to expensses and time , that perhaps next time things will be better, but she is more than wellcome to come visit you as well. Cause I know what is like to travel from out of state and try to find time for everyone ( all you end up doing is whereing yourself out) My brothers have NEVER traveled to my state to visit so they just have to understand that I do what I can.)
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 11:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Sometimes it's harder on old folks to travel.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:58 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• You are not being unreasonable. If they want to see you they will drive the few hours to do so.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:40 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• No just stay on your ground and tell her how you feel. It will all work out
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 12:50 AM on Jun. 16, 2009