question about healing from a c section - maybe tmi

I had a c section 3 weeks ago. My incision is healing well and I am bleeding less and less. I am down to needing just a panty liner. My issue is that after I go pee there is usually still red blood on my toilet paper after I wipe...the blood on the panty liner is very light... I was starting to wonder if I had a cut or something on the outside of my vagina but I've inspected with a mirror enough times now to be sure that isn't the case...it's definitely coming from inside. Anyone have any opinions on this? I know many women can bleed for up to 6 weeks so maybe this isn't so weird but I need some moral support! :)

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 11:38 PM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had the same thing after my c-sect. It was like the neverending period, it would slow down but never stop. I think it was like 5 or 6 weeks for me? Sounds normal to me, but if you still question it, just call your ob to make sure.
    Kiiimmm

Answer by Kiiimmm at 1:45 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I've had 2 c-sections and it was like that for me both times. I bled for about 4 weeks after the first and 5 weeks after the second. I think when you wipe after going to the bathroom it is red because it is fresher blood. The stuff on the pad or liner is old and has turned brown. I think its totally normal.
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 11:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Sounds pretty normal to me. Is there any discomfort when you use the restroom? Do you have any abnormal cramping other than the healing in the incision site? I would keep an eye on it for a couple more days and be sure that the bleeding does not get any heavier. If it does, give your OB a call and see what they think. They may want to do any early post-op check. Good luck, and congrats on the new baby!<3
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 11:47 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Sounds normal i bled for almost 7 weeks...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 11:50 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I have no answer because i havent had my child yet but i just want to comment. Reading how honest and open we are with one another and how we are able to just reach out and say "Hey, this is whats going on and i need help" and how others are so worried for one another.. Its just beautiful to me how much of a family i feel we are whether some see it that way or not.
    kismet151

Answer by kismet151 at 12:00 AM on Jun. 16, 2009