Primrose oil at 40 weeks?

dpes anyone know how affective primrose oil is to help go into labor. i am now 40 weeks , of a very long hard 2nd pregnancy. i read about induction using primrose oil. Any thoughts on it?

anita_nikki3

Asked by anita_nikki3 at 12:03 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• with my last I asked my ob about it at 38 weeks and she said it was too late it wouldn't do anything you have to start with it a little earlier and it works over time to speed things up. I was told at that point sex would probably be more effective.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 12:08 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I used it at 37 1/2 weeks and it worked for me. It doesn't help you go into labor, it accelerated dilation. I took three pills three times a day (one with every meal) and inserted one vaginally at night! The first doc appt before I started taking them I was barely open (doc said not dialated at all) after a week of the primrose oil, I was dilated to a 2.5!!! Good Luck!!!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 4:12 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I forgot to say that I was 38 1/2 when the doc sch my induction and I was induced at 39 1/2 wks!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 4:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2009