Gals, I need a good book to read on our trip next week,I have 3 boys so need to relax with a great book. I love mystery novels, any ideas?

mamacita66

Asked by mamacita66 at 5:42 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Entertainment

• Ooooh, have you read any of James Patterson's books? The Women's Murder Club series is my favorite...that's what they based the new show "Women's Murder Club" from. Start with book one which is titled "1st to Die". But really...I love all of his books!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• ANY Laurell K. Hamilton book.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:38 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I believe that Agatha Christie novels are good too.
    Sexymom75

Answer by Sexymom75 at 8:06 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Steven Jame's book: The Pawn
    Linda Hall's book: Kathryn's Secret
    Ted Dekker's books: THR3E, BLACK, RED, WHITE
    Frank Peretti's books: The Oath, Monster, House
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:21 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I just finished Harlan Coben's, "The Woods" and thought it was great. Happy Reading!
    unitsmom

Answer by unitsmom at 10:57 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I can't remember the author, but I read a great murder mystery novel titled "The Architect"; its about a man who designs houses for people, and "manicures" their lives as well. Really good! Mildly gory, though.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 12:52 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• It is not a mystery... but "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Piccoult is SOOOOO GOOD!!!!!!!! Cameron Diaz is making the movie now.

Here is the synopsis: Anna is not sick, but she might as well be. By age thirteen, she has undergone countless surgeries, transfusions, and shots so that her older sister, Kate, can somehow fight the leukemia that has plagued her since childhood. The product of preimplantation genetic diagnosis, Anna was conceived as a bone marrow match for Kate - a life and a role that she has never questioned… until now. Like most teenagers, Anna is beginning to question who she truly is. But unlike most teenagers, she has always been defined in terms of her sister - and so Anna makes a decision that for most would be unthinkable… a decision that will tear her family apart and have perhaps fatal consequences for the sister she loves. My Sister's Keeper examines what it means to be a good parent, a good sister, a good person.
    Mama2MagnEm

Answer by Mama2MagnEm at 9:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2008