do you think body Piercing is a sin? Check this site out.. tell me what you think

http://www.albatrus.org/english/living/body_mods/what_does_bible_say_about_piercing-body.htm

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 12:08 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• My body is great just the way God made it.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:03 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• OK...yeah...it is a sin..ha ha ha ha ha...JMO but piercing is not a sin, but judging others is. Hmmmm...which one of us will god take in?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Agreed. For all of you who ask these questions....what does the bible say about judgment...funny that it always seems to be top on the list of ways for you to form an opinion about people, by judging them....worry about yourself and stop being so one sided.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• i haven't looked at the website yet but before I do i will answer the question - no piercing is not a sin. I am a pierced, tattooed Christian and my piercings and tattoos I got as an adult while being a Christian.. as a matter of fact - my last tat I won at church. And the church I go to teaches the whole uncompromised word of God. The scriptures normally used are taken out of context. I'll comment on the link later.. after I have a chance to look at it.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 12:20 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I don't think it is when it's done as a personal form of accessorizing. I think maybe if you're doing it as a form of a religious ritual, or in a way talked about in the Bible it could be considered sinful. As with everything we do, the motive of each our hearts is known and will be judged by God. So I guess it's best left there.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 12:24 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Ok, looked at the link and no... piercings are not a sin. Also the last part says it is a part of witchcraft... no it is not. Its not about what a person is wearing or the tattoos or piercings.. it's about the condition of their heart and their relationship with Jesus Christ. My tattoos have opened up more opportunities to share Christ than ever and to let them know they are loved and accepted tattoos, piercings and all and again it's not about how they look on the outside but the condition of the heart and the life they are living.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 12:36 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• In my view, a "sin" is intentionally doing something that causes someone else pain (physically, emotionally, financially, etc), so no --- it's not. Piercing just hurts the "piercee", nobody else. LOL

I don't have any odd piercings (just too chicken for that), but I do have 6 tattoos & about to get my 7th. That most recent one --- brace yourself for this one LOL -- is on my wrist and is a man's name OTHER than my husband's :-P Got that one in March. Then, my uncle passed away in April, and so I'm working on a design in honor of him. I think it's going on my leg, but I haven't made up my mind for sure yet.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:48 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• lord have mercy on the judgmental and not the tattooed and pierced belivers and followers!banging head into wall and amen to all the replies so far. many different churches/branches of christianity derive their own interpretations of the word as they see it so it really is different for every church. i believe that the lord loves me for who i  am. he will forgive me if i make a mistake and ask him for it, and he knows the true meaning in my heart for why i have my tattoos and whatnot. it is my choice, and god loves me unconditionally.

devonsmom

Answer by devonsmom at 12:55 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I went to the article and read it just so I could be able to say- that's a crock of poo! My body is a temple. I like to decorate!!!
    Angelbluewingsz

Answer by Angelbluewingsz at 2:55 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I came into the Christian life pierced. Similar to the way the Gentiles came to God uncircumcised, and they were told to come the way they were.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 3:17 AM on Jun. 16, 2009