For some reason milk makes me really sick, do u think it will be okay if i dont drink it as much as i should?

9 weeks pregnant

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 12:15 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you should be fine just drink water and im sure that will go away the farther you get into the pregnancy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• You don't need milk to get enough calcium. Talk to your doctor. You should take prenatals and calcium pills. You can eat leafy green vegetables. For me, things like cheese and yogurt don't make me sick like regular milk does, idk if that would help you. But you really don't need to drink milk at all.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:16 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• You'll be fine not drinking milk. As pp said, eat those leafy green. Most people are sensitive to milk and dairy. There are other ways to get calcium.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 12:19 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• i never drank any milk my entire pregnancy in fact i havent drank milk in years.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:19 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• You don't need milk to get calcium. Take prenatals, Eat leafy greens, beans, raisins, figs, salmon, soy nuts, almonds, tahini, hummus, walnuts, tofu, shrimp, canned fish, etc. Eat other forms of dairy like cheese, yogurt, etc. Try almond, rice, calcium-fortified soy milk and juices. I personally love Silk soy milk. There are many varieties. I generally drink the 'very vanilla' calcium-fortified SIlk soy milk, and it has more calcium, protein, etc than the cow's milk my DF buys. If you can't handle any kind of cow's milk dairy, try vegan cheeses, sour cream, etc.

It's a very common misconception that you need to drink cow's milk (absolutely not, it's meant for the development of baby cows, prior to weaning), and that it's the best source of calcium available. That couldn't be farther from the truth. And make sure you're getting enough Vitamin D, as well!

http://food-facts.suite101.com/article.cfm/alternative_calcium_source
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 12:33 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I never drink milk, i hate it. We are not cow babies and we do not need milk at all. There are many things you can eat to make sure that you are getting enough calcium.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 4:30 PM on Jun. 16, 2009