Does this sound like it might be fluid leaking?

I went to the bathroom and noticed my underwear was a bit damp, not like a peed myself (unless it was just a little bit) and it smelt sort of like a brown sugar smell (that's the closest thing i can think of that it smelt like). Could this be fluid? I'm 3 days over due.

I've heard it smells "sweet" but there's a lot of different kinds of sweet smells.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Possibly. I had a fluid leak and when I stood up suddenly it would run down my leg in one dribble.

Try laying very still and getting up, try it from different positions and with no panties on. (sorry, but just so you can see) ;)

I know you are excited, enjoy the excitement!!!! Good luck!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:19 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I will go do that lol. thank you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Sounds like your water bag has sprung a leak!! Sounds like about time too if anything you should go to labor and delivery to get it checked because after 12 hours of your water braking infection can set in
    RyHouston

Answer by RyHouston at 12:30 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Even if it doesn't leak every time i get up and move?
    She was very active a bit ago and the next time i went to the bathroom was when i noticed it was a bit damp.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Lay down for about 30 minutes. Put on a clean and dry pair of underwear first.
    Then, get up. If it's your water, it'll gush out more since it'll pool while you're laying down, and you can smell it.

You're not going to get an infection unless someone is sticking things up there, such as their fingers or a gloved hand.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 1:32 AM on Jun. 16, 2009