House Budget

If your budget was around 200,000 for a house and you could buy a brand new one for 200,000 or an old one for 196,000 what would you do??

Stephie280

Asked by Stephie280 at 12:58 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• which ever one I liked better.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 1:01 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• i would get a new one. its a clean slate to work with =) but alot of the time a new house they dont landscape the back yeard and its all dirt so thats not so good but i guess it depends on what the old house looks like. i could use the extra money i saved buying the old one to fix things i dont like in it. And its more money to decorate with
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:01 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I would purchase the New home. Older homes need work and often $4K would not touch it! I spent that much remodeling my bathroom!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:02 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• It depends. I've lived in brand new houses that needed quite a bit done to them, and i've lived in older houses that were in great shape and had great character. It really just depends on which house you like better overall, and how much needs to be done to the older house. I would get them both inspected and see what they say before making an absolute decision.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:12 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I would take a new one because I live in a house built in the 50's and I am over it. I will probably never move though because my house is paid for.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:15 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Depended on where each are located, what the schools are like, what the neighborhoods are like, if the property taxes differ for each location because they are in different cities or counties, how far away from conveniences they are and whether you are willing to travel if either of them are far, which one has the space and floorplan you need and prefer, which one had more property - I wouldn't want to be too close to my neighbors, if there were residential fees for the community they are located in, whether there is on-street parking or you have your own driveway, and which one can be insured for a rate you can afford.
    Be sure to have the lower priced house completely inspected prior to making a decision. Be with the inspector and have them point out what they are looking for and ask questions. It should take about 2-3 hours - not just one.
    Best wishes!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:27 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Gosh, where can you get a house for $200,000!? Take the new one!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:39 AM on Jun. 16, 2009