Halloween

Ok so I hear that some people don't think it's ok to celerate holidays and some peple do as long as you put Jesus in it. Well what about halloween? You can have gravestones with messages to the siners of eternal damnation and hellfire, I mean that is scary enough in my book. You can pass out the childrens lesson's from your church along with the candy. So how do you celebrate halloween as a christian if you do?

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 1:02 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• ok well i wouldnt go that far. but the church here in my town (which is very small, we only have 2) does a "family fun night" where everyone still dresses up. theres is food and candy and games and all that fun stuff in a safe enviornment away from strangers. its great ..all ages attend
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 1:10 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Our church does a free community outreach.. we provide a safe place for parents to bring the kids... get boat loads of candy and have a lot of fun. Also opens up opportunities to share Christ.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 1:10 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Halloween, All Hallows Eve, was adapted by early christians from earlier pagan celebrations, as was the date of Christmas and most likely Easter.. If you study religious history, you will understand there was a transition from the old religions to the new, especially in northern Europe. There was nothing wrong with Christianity adapting to existing cultural practices in certain societies and you see the same happening today in some African christian congregations.
    Halloween nowadays is just a fun time for the kids.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 1:12 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I am christian and I dress my kids up in costumes and take them trick or treating it is fun for the kids, they do not need to know the meaning behind the holiday in my opinion, they are kids they just need to worry about having fun. Not to mention we don't celebrate the devil we celebrate halloween and how fun it is to get dressed up in a fun costume and pass out and get candy
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 1:17 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Ok so your all saying it's ok?
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:36 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• We are part of this world but we are NOT of this world. I can go door to door with my kids if I wish cause I have that freedom knowing who is with me (Jesus) and being grounded in Him. It reminds me that Jesus walked among sinners. He came and died for the sinner NOT for the righteous. I don't really do this anymore, but if my kids want to go to a few of the neighbors i'm okay with it.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:38 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Oh, our church also has a Harvest Fest where we can take our kids and invite others to celebrate Jesus this day. It's an alternative to the street neighborhoods.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:39 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• we as JW's don't celebrate because we feel that it is taking part in a celebration that God views as to other gods and the Bible says to not have anything to do with mixing in false worship even if it comes wrapped in pretty paper or yummy candy it's still the same,
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 1:48 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I dont celebrate Halloween i think its when alot of evil spirits comes out I would rather say home and pray and read my bible ...

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:54 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I came from an occult background. I prefer to stay away from halloween. The kids and I normally go out to the local corn maze that night.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 3:20 AM on Jun. 16, 2009