When you were admitted to the hospital to have your baby...

did they make you take off ALL of your jewelry?

SandraB383

Asked by SandraB383 at 1:20 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yupp..all i wear are earings and a tongue ring, but they made me take them all out
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:21 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• No I believe I had my stud earrings in
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Nope, not at all. They did make me take it off during labor and since they decided that I had to have a c/s. Then right before I was taken to the OR, I took my jewelry off.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:25 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• no. they said that i might swell during labor, but i already had to have my ring off. But i never had to take my stuff off. (i've had two kids)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• with my son i had to be induced after an 8 hour labor here he was and i got to wear all of my jewelry he was our 1st born

with ,y daughter i was dilated to 4 when i went to the hopital labor lasted 17 hours ended in a c sec and i had to take off all of my jewelry

who knows what will happen with this kid
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 1:33 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Yeah they made me take it all off and give it to my mom or husband.. But I had to go under for my c section cause they couldn't do an epidural..
    Faeriebrat

Answer by Faeriebrat at 1:34 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• no i prob had my earrings in at the time cuz i always have atleast 3 earrings in
    LiVE2l0VE

Answer by LiVE2l0VE at 1:35 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I couldn't fit my ring on my finger due to how swollen I had become, I had pre-eclampsia. But I wore my earrings, no problem.

prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 1:48 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• They made me take off my rings and watch. But I kept in my earrings. I had to sign a paper stating that if my earrings were stolen, it was my problem not theres.
    The hospital I was at, said taking off the jewelry was b/c someone could steal it and if I swelled.
    lighthouse98

Answer by lighthouse98 at 1:50 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• No. The only thing I had to remove was my hood piercing because my doctor was afraid it would tear my clitoris when the baby crowned. I took that sucker OUT!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Jun. 16, 2009