What's in a name

What did you name your little bundle of joy and how did you come up with it? What does the name mean?

Faeriebrat

Asked by Faeriebrat at 1:37 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Damien, my husband picked it. It means soother, or comforter. I love it :) Drew is his middle name after his daddy. Gavin is my second son and we liked how it sounded. It means white hawk and Lee is names after my mom's middle name. Both Gavin and Lee mean content.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:52 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• My son's name is Adrian Levi. I picked Adrian out of Rosemary's Baby (yes, my son is named after the anti-christ) and Levi is actually short for Leviathan. Adrian means "dark or wealthy one" Levi means "high priest" (I had REALLY weird dreams when pregnant with him- kept having dreams to name him Hadrian Leviathan, so went with Adrian Levi, when I decided the weird dreams stopped)
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 2:54 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• my dd is Myla Grace, Myla means merciful and grace is, well, grace. LOL. From the bible..."full of mercy and grace". I didn't really know that at the time, I just thought it was pretty and merciful was a good quality ;) plus it was the only name me and DH could agree on!
    clransom

Answer by clransom at 11:22 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I named my daughter Gwendolyn Sihaya.. Gwendolyn was one of the only girl names we could agree on.. I liked it cause it sounded old timey and romantic.. It means White Ring (which I have no clue what that means..lol) and Sihaya is from the books of Dune (we are both avid readers and liked the idea of taking a name from a book he enjoys) It means a cool breeze in the desert which I found to be sweet and perfect since we were trying to get pregnant for 5 yrs and had a miscarriage last year. She definately is my cool breeze in the desert.
    Faeriebrat

Answer by Faeriebrat at 4:21 PM on Jun. 16, 2009