I'm so tired of going to bed alone every night.

I've been single for two years now. Just me and the kid, I'm so lonely and it's just been one of those months where I REALLY feel how alone I am. How do I cope?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It gets easier by the 3rd year. I used to cry myself to sleep and then I bought a big ass pillow and pretended it was my ex. lol, it gets easier. TRUST me. Sad thing is, it gets so easy that now I have no desire to deal with a snoring farting man.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:01 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• You know, I'm not single, but I feel your pain to an extent. My husband is deployed and we have about 4 more months until he is home. Sometimes it's really hard for me to fall asleep - hence why I'm up at 2am. I would just say make sure you are getting fresh air and are around people who love you. Sometimes I cope by reading and imagining him..which I guess you could just imagine someone else. Sometimes it helps just to daydream. Good luck to you.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 2:11 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Two words: Silver bullet.

Just kidding. (I'm sleepy, everything is funnier than it should be.) This may sound cheesy, but have you thought of adopting a puppy/dog? They're loving, always happy to see you, make good snuggle buddies, and keep your feet warm. When I divorced my first husband, I was so lonely that I couldn't stand myself. I started volunteering at my local animal shelter just to keep myself busy. (No kids at this point.) There was an amazing female APBT there, and no one would adopt her because of her breed. I'm a sucker for big goofy dogs, so I took her home. It turned out to be the best therapy I could have asked for.

I hope you find happiness, grab it whenever you can.
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 2:19 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• i havent shared a bed with a man in 5.5 yrs!! i feel your pain!! maybe thats why ive adopted 3 dogs..lol..who all share my bed with me..at least i get some cuddles at night..but ya it sucks..wish i knew what to tell ya!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:23 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Why was my answer deleted? I didn't say anything mean?
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:25 AM on Jun. 16, 2009