boobie help

i have a question i hope someone can help me with,i woke up today and my right breast is so sore ,if i move my arm close to it or i move a certin way it hurts so bad i feel a little bump on the side were it hurts like a knot ,i ant see my doctor til the 18th and i have been having chest pains so bad,im only 23 but im so scared......i dont know what it means or what to do,ive taken like 3 hot showers and it still hurts,its not the bra,idk ,,,

ZACANDZOIESMOM

Asked by ZACANDZOIESMOM at 1:55 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Health

• try putting a hot pad on the spot
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:01 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• like the previous poster said, a hot pad, & some tylenol/motrin for the pain. if it doesnt get any better by morning, i'd head to the ER.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• IT IS PROBALLY MASTITIS, INFLAMMATION OF THE "MILK DUCT" IF YOUR BREAST FEEDING. . TRY SOME MOTRIN AND WARM COMPRESS. IF YOU GET ANY DISCHARGE FROM THE NIPPLE THAT IS FUNNY COLOR OR HAS A FOUL ODOR.. GO TO URGENT CARE AND GET A ANTIBIOTIC. OR COULD BE A SWOLLEN LYMPH NODE IN WHICH ONLY A DOCTOR CAN GIVE YOU A STERIOD INJECTION OR REFER YOU FOR A MAMMOGRAM.
    NURSE_MOM_OF_2

Answer by NURSE_MOM_OF_2 at 2:09 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• It sounds like the lymph node underneath your arm is swollen. Have you had any kind of infection lately? Even something as mundane as a sinus infection can make any lymph node in your body swell, and they hurt like the dickens. Your doctor may give you some antibiotics for the infection. For now, take motrin to reduce the pain and inflammation. Hope you feel better soon.
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 2:11 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• by the way you can take motrin and tylonol at the same time and it helps with the pain better. Hope everything is ok. Dont stress yourself out though. I had a pain like that before and i was told it was a growth because all i would drink was dr pepper and that caused it. so i had to cut back on it lol. but dont stress to much its only a few days but if it gets worse or taking meds dosnt help i would go into the er just to be safe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:23 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• If your breastfeeding it is probably a milk duct. I know this sounds weird but it works cook a tea bag. then put the used tea bag on the spot. it draws out the infection and helps . just make sure you put a towel or something over the tea bag so it does not discolor your bra or shirt. I used this method when I had that problem when I was breastfeeding and it worked really well. I have also heard that cabbage leaf in your bra does the same thing. Never tried that one though. I don't like cabbage. I hope you can get relief.
    4grtkds

Answer by 4grtkds at 9:47 AM on Jun. 16, 2009