Should i tell him the truth?

DH asked if i was getting him anything for fathers day. I told him no. i said i dont have any more money. blah blah blah. ...and now he's upset.
I DO plan on getting him something for fathers day and i feel kinda bad that i lied about it and how he's upset.
Should i tell him the truth or should i keep it a surprise?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 2:26 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• keep it a suprise! i told my DH that we have to delay it because i dont want him at the store when i get it for him but i cant drive because i just had a c-section so im not suposed to drive for a while....but im going to get him something he just dosnt know what. But otherwise i would suprise him and not let him know...hes going to be super happy when he sees that you got him something and hes going to be embarised that he was a baby about it before lol.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:29 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• honestly? he is being a baby. if you told him you had no money , t make you feel bad by being upset is kinda poopy lol. I would tell him you got him something and he ruined his own surprise by being a booger.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:27 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• well, he's not REALLY upset., ...he was all, "you can make it up to me buy making me the best homecooked meal when i get home" (he's in Iraq).
    But still, he was still kinda irritated.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:30 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Husband sounds like a little baby waaaaahhhh!! He must have had a bad childhood.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• If you can stomach him being a baby until Sunday, don't tell him. He will feel super guilty for acting bad, and be so glad you got him something. Then again he might think you got him something because he made you feel guilty. I just confused myself sorry I'm not help.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 2:30 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Thanks anon.
    i mean, geez. how horrible of him for wanting something for Father's Day. It's not like he joined the Army to support his family or anything. ...
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:34 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Definetly keep it a surprise! And thanks Lolos mom now I am confused LOL :-)
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 2:34 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• When will he be home? I always get a fathers day gift from my son. This year he made me a framed picture and wrote on it with fabric glue..." I love you mom and dad" and then he put my first and last name on it. Too cute. Too bad his dad didn't earn the right to get a gift from him. He also said he is going to microwave me some pancakes and sausage and cook eggs. Can't wait for that lol.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:38 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• well congrats on him coming home from iraq =) him being able to be with you and your little one(s) will be enough of a present even if you wernt able to get him something but keep it a suprise like i said before. My SO is in the army also but so far no deployment=) and that anon is being an a$$....just my opinion...
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:38 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Then why did he join if he can't support you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Jun. 16, 2009