Braxton Hicks contraction or just me being dramatic?

Tonight I was laying in bed, when my lower back started hurting pretty bad. Then my stomach ( like around my belly button) started to hurt really bad... not like a round ligament pain or anything but like a sharp blunt pain and the baby was moving around like crazy! Im going into my 7th month of pregnancy and had no idea that (if that's what this is) Braxton Hicks contractions came on this early? As I sit typing this my back hurting still just as bad and baby just won't calm down in the womb.
Does anyone have an answer as to why/what is going on?

PunkinPatooty

Asked by PunkinPatooty at 2:28 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well if it was contractions the baby would slow down, not move more. Is it possible that you are feeling gas? It could be contractions but not sure. BUT if baby is moving its ok...call ob in the am .
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:32 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• When you feel the pain put your hands on your stomach, if it feels rock hard it's a contraction. I had contractions the last 3 months of my first pregnancy.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 2:36 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Braxton hicks contractions usually don't hurt very much! I have had 4 babies and I had lots of braxton contractions and they just made my stomach real tight and let up ( didn't hurt really though) and was very sporadic! Id say that ifd the baby is moving around that much than he/she might be some of your pain! If you are having sharp stabbing pains than I would contact your doctor! And braxton hicks can start in your 6th month but everybody is different!!

SD777

Answer by SD777 at 2:38 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• thanks you guys for your answers! baby has calmed down in there and so has the sharp stomach pain. its just my back but ill call the doctor in the morning.
    PunkinPatooty

Answer by PunkinPatooty at 2:48 AM on Jun. 16, 2009