What would you say to your best friend of 20 years?

Ok so I have known my bff since we were born. She told me she could no longer be my friend after the baby was born because she was jealous I was having a baby. Even though she has two kids of her own. I told her after I have the baby thats when I will need you the most. She said well your just gonna have to deal with Post Dep without me. That really upset me. Should I just blow her off now and just stop talking to her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• maybe give her some time to get over it and then talk to her.
    My best friend did not talk to me for a year when I met my husband she got so jelouse and she had a good man. Woman are weird that way
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:06 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• She doesn't sound like a friend to me. Usually when big events happen in a person's life(good or bad) friends are happy to be around and help. Big events are also a good indicator of who your real friends are or aren't!
    I'm sorry to hear that. I had my first child at 20 years old and went from having a ton of friends to 3 friends it was really hard for me to understand and handle at that time. Now I'm glad it happened I wouldn't want those people in my life now anyway. So maybe this is a blessing in disguise OP! Don't worry you'll meet new friends.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• You have been BFF for 20 years and shes blowing you off like that. Did you have a fallin out in a way? I would really talk with her and find out what the problem is and what happen with your friendship. I can't just see someone that has been there for you for 20 years to turn there back on you when you are gonna need her the most. Have a heart to heart and find out what the deal is.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:08 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Sorry this is the second poster. I personally wouldn't contact her first. Let her make the first move.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• No she just flat out told me when ever someone has a baby she can't be friends with them. I asked her why she said I just don't know. But w/e it's on her not me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• With a friend like that- who needs an ememy? She's a horrible excuse for a friend!! She should be happy you're pregnant! She already has two kids of her own!! I don't think you need to let her cool down- I think you need to let her go. She isn't a friend!!
    SinCitiChick

Answer by SinCitiChick at 3:13 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• does she make you feel guilty for things often? is it always mostly about her? there is no excuse for her to treat you like that.
    Fallon_Long

Answer by Fallon_Long at 3:16 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Jealousy it's not about her any longer. Let her go on her mary way that was a waste of 20 years to be treated like that in the end. You will fine a better true friend just wait and see.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:37 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• That sounds kinda mental.
    JohnnyCakes

Answer by JohnnyCakes at 8:26 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• My BFF has been just that since pre-k (3 & 4 yrs old). It's been 19 yrs & we've been through everything together including her moving away in 3rd grade until Freshman year of HS. Through loosing her father, and my mother abandoning me. She was there when I had my DD last year & I am so thankful.

There has to be something that has happened for your BFF to be acting this way. If not, she's obviously never been the friend that you thought she was.
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 9:34 AM on Jun. 16, 2009