37 wks

im 37 wks pregnant this week and i have a doctor appt. i was wondering is when i get a vaginal exam

RIP.Caleb

Asked by RIP.Caleb at 4:14 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• maybe this up comming appt. it just depends on the Dr.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:21 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• It depends on the practice, your specific pregnancy, if the baby has dropped. I started getting vaginal exams every week at 36 weeks because my son dropped to a zero just before I hit 36 weeks so it was time to start finding out if I was dialating and effacing. You probably WILL get one this appt or the next one just to check since at 37 weeks you are considered full term.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 8:51 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Its really up to your dr.. If you feel like you should be checked don't be afraid to ask they are there for you.. Communication is the number one thing when it comes to the health and safety of your child.. If your just curious if your dialating just go ahead and ask your dr to check you it never hurts to ask.some Dr s will not check before 38 weeks because it can cause contractions tho and at 37 weeks its risky to have your baby boy knowin. If his or her lungs are fully developed so unless you been having contractions or been having mucas discharge I wouldn't. Want to risk being check. To be honest it is painful and not pleasent. But that's totaly up to you.
    RyHouston

Answer by RyHouston at 9:21 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• It should be this appointment if it wasn't the last one because they should test for strep B. While they do that they will then see if you are dilated at or whats going on with you.

melibear5715

Answer by melibear5715 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Since the checks are useless some doctors/midwifes don't check at all. If you want to get checked you can ask them to do it.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 4:27 PM on Jun. 16, 2009