i really dont know which way i want to go with the delivery help!!

help!!! im only 14 weeks pregnant but i don't know how i want to delivery the baby..theres really no rush buts its something everyone has been asking me about. which is better natural or cesarean, and why??? At first i thought cesarean because i was scared of labor the natural way but i started looking into it and the recovery sounds just as painful.. HELP me plz

newmommiBD

Asked by newmommiBD at 4:57 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would say do it natural, one the recovery is less time, two it doesn't affect how many kids you want, or how they come out if you decide later you want natural vs c-section. The benifits of natural besides quicker recovery is if your child is healthy you get to spend time with them as soon as there cleaned up vs c-section where you have to wait till your out of recovery. I didn't have a choice in how my son was born, i had and emergancy c-section because my sons heart rate keep dropping.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 5:06 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• natural way and get an epiderol (however the heck you spell it) cuz c-section will leave a scar and the recovery time is a lot longer.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 5:10 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I have had 3 c-sections. It is major surgery, and dangerous. Go natural.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 5:10 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I had a c... i didn't know you could pick to have a c tho. I would say natural with epidural but you still have a while to go. I was going to go that way and my dd turned out breech. They tried turning her and that didn't work. Really, if you can have a vag delivary, do it that way. If something happens and you need a c than that's fine too. My c scar isn't bad at all and I was back to normal within a month... idk how long vag takes... While there might be longer recovery time, don't feel bad if you need a c! My birth plan never worked out and that's the way it goes sometimes. I guess make your plan but be prepared to change it just in case!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 6:04 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I had to have an emergency c-section and im glad that i did. I was going to talk to my doctor that next week about having one and not doing a regular delivery because i did alot of research and me and my DH decided to look into that togeather and talk to the doc. It didnt hurt bad. This just happend on the 4th by the way. I was on pain meds for 3 days but i wasnt hurting that bad at all. I was in more pain when they told me that i was going into active labor then after i had the c-section. Talk to your doctor about the advantages and disadvantages of both. Its alot better to get the information from them then what people tell you about it and usually what you would find online looking it all up. You have time so dont stress but i would bring it up to your doc. It dosnt hurt to talk and get all the facts. Congrats on your pregnancy and hope it all goes well for you.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 6:57 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• i had an emergency c-section....my on quit breathing...i got to hold my son in recovery so i dont know

vgiron is talking about...i held him intil they were ready to put me in my room and then he went to the nicu....i feel if you cant handle the pain...get an epidural, if they say c-section dont flip out...i did it with no pain med...i had my spinal for the surgery, after that i didnt take anything for pain...i was up walking around that night, as soon as i could feel my legs....it hurt like hell, but i wasnt gonna sit there and not walk to see my son...pain in labor is inevitable...it will happen...every labor is diff,,, some women feel a whole hell of a lot, some only have maderate pain...its our punishment for eating that damn apple
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 7:48 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• oh an i was doing things that made my recovery time faster....i was up walking, and i healed fast....once my staples were taken out a week later i was moving furniture and mowing the lawn and taking care of my son with no help...so like i said with pain it varies...so do recovery times....my friend had a section she didnt recover completely until her son was about 3 months old...so recoveries are diff...my friend katie had a vaginal, and she was in pain every time she walked for 2 months...so i mean recovery like pain varies....but you are still at the begining of your pregnancy, enjoy it
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 7:55 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• You can't just tell your doctor you want an elective c-section for the fun of it. You WILL be attempting a vaginal birth UNLESS some medical reason prohibits that from happening. You may attempt a vaginal and not progress or have problems and end up with a c-section, or you may have a medical reason late in pregnancy that dictates a c-section, but a healthy woman can't just have a c-section for no good reason!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:56 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Um, your decision may not be how you have the baby regardless of what you choose. I would say go for a vaginal delivery (different from natural - that has NO DRUGS) but allow yourself to be open to the possibility that your choice may be taken out of your hands. I tried for 18 1/2 hours to have my son vaginally with an epidural but after my blood pressure started to bottom out and they couldn't keep him on a monitor I had to have an emergency c-section. Good thing, too because he was breech and his wide shoulders were holding him up.
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 8:49 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I was just like you when I was pregnant - I was so scared of pushing a baby out that I seriously considered scheduling a c-section. At the last minute after talking to all my friends with babies and my Mom who had 2 c-sections I decided against the c-section. In the end I needed to have one because I wasn't progressing and my daughter was so big....knowing what I know now I would say without a DOUBT to avoid a c-section if at all possible!!! I had mine 3 weeks ago and I still can't drive, exercise or move around normally yet. My girlfriend who had a baby a week after I did walked a mile and a half to my house the week after she had hers!! The last thing you want to be doing when you have your newborn to care for is to have to be healing from major surgery.
    I promise you that labor isn't as bad as you might think - just get an epidural early and you'll be surprised you were ever so scared! Message me if you want more info :)
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 9:05 AM on Jun. 16, 2009