Why does the first cup of coffee that I pour everyday spill everywhere?

Is it me or does anyone else have this problem? Not sure if it has something to do with the pot being full or me just really needing caffiene, but the first cup of the day always ends up all of the place. LOL

sbastille

Asked by sbastille at 7:08 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lol
    maybe cuz you are still 1/2 aseep?
    :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:10 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• i agree with the first poster and no your not the only one. i do it 2 haha
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 7:25 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• hahaha! me, too. ;)
    angel_caramel

Answer by angel_caramel at 8:01 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• i do it too. i always thought it was because i was still pretty much asleep.. but maybe it is because its so full. lol im just glad im not the only one.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 8:25 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Half asleep, your hands are a bit shaky and the pot is full, so it goes everywhere. I put a stop to it by getting a coffeemaker with a timer on it, have the coffee start 15 minutes earlier and hubby takes the first cup, so it's not as full and heavy when I pour mine.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:31 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Doesn't happen to me, but a girl I work with cannot make it from home to the office without a huge spill. She keeps extra shirts here just for that very reason.

Get a wider mug, you know like those chili bowl sized ones Friends made popular. If you have a bigger target you may have better luck when groggy and pouring. Good luck!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:02 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Because, if you are like ME you can't function properly until after that first cup of coffee!
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 8:26 PM on Jun. 17, 2009