• In the Spotlight:

I dont know how to cook it....

My inlaws just stocked the freezer with chicken but its all with bones and i have never made chicken that had bones in it. I have no clue how to make it. Any good recepies for what i can do with it. Im clueless...

Shelii

Asked by Shelii at 7:19 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Food & Drink

• If it is cut up chicken (breast, leg, thigh portions). Break out the dutch oven or a really big casserole with a lid. Put the chicken in the bottom of the dish¸ season with your favorite seasonings, cook in the oven at 375 for 20 minutes with the top on. Open the oven and take the top off and continue cooking for another 15-20. Check to be sure that the inside temp on the chicken is 180 with a thermometer (that means it is done). Serve with what ever side dish you want. My kids love the drum sticks!
    FullTimeMOM823

Answer by FullTimeMOM823 at 7:44 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• You could bread it and fry it, or you could just boil it and take it off the bone, and make something with shredded chicken
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 7:25 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• you can also use BBQ sauce on it or cook it with cream of mushroom soup.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 7:41 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I boil my chicken on a bone and shread it or chuck it for almost all my meals.
    chicken and rice
    chicken and pasta
    chicken enchilladas
    chicken salad
    buying chicken on the bone is a good way to save $$$
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jun. 16, 2009