Did you watch David Letterman? What did you think of his apology to the Palin girls?

At first, i thought he didn't need to make an apology. But after hearing it, i was kind of glad that he decided to. I think it was hard for him though, it took him about a week to say it.

samurai_chica

Asked by samurai_chica at 8:16 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I will no longer watch him,nor support him. He shouldn't have made the appology. So now everytime he makes a joke , he needs to appologize , not just to 1 person who doesnt know how to take a joke!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I think it was good of him.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:42 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• It's OBVIOUS that he was TOLD to make the apology because of all the flak he received about it. Letterman isn't just a "talking head" that reads what others write for him. He CREATES and APPROVES of his jokes, skits, and monologues personally--that's why it's called The David Letterman Show!

I guess the joke looked good on paper, but it didn't go over well, and in order to appease the powers that be at CBS he made the rehearsed apology--it wasn't genuine/sincere, it was for ratings.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:47 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• LoriKeet
    Are you working for Letterman?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Um, no! Why would you say that? I said his "apology" was lame and NOT sincere! If I were "working for him," I would be supporting him and his lame apology, but I am NOT!

Reading comprehension issue?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:52 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I really don't care anymore. I would have had a lot more respect for him (that's not saying much) if he had just come out and given a real apology to the Palin girls in the first place. Not excusing it as 'many of my jokes are in bad taste', but a real 'I am very sorry for hurting their feelings and regret saying the things I said' sort of thing.

He pretty much expressed how he felt in his first pseudo-apology and that's only one of many reasons I think he sucks. Now he just looks like a bigger fool trying to clean up a mess he never intended on cleaning up. IMO, you either stand behind what you say or you make nice and move on quickly. He has done neither, so it's time for me to move on.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:53 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I didn't see the apology, but I don't think he needed to apologize to all women as someone suggested here last week. I do think he needed to apologize to Bristol and Willow Palin and also to A-Rod. His original comment was way off the charts, and it was not "just a joke" as some have tried to claim. Sarah Palin is not due an apology other than as agent for her minor daughter Willow, and Bristol only got dragged in by his transparent attempt to weasel out of a the firestorm of bad publicity, thus making a bad situation worse.
    Referring to a 14 year old child's sexuality on a national televised comedy show is not appropriate in any case, and he blatently called Mr. Rodriguez a pedophile. Let's hope he has learned a lesson about checking the material his writers send up before something like this happens again.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 8:56 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Palin needs to start making sure her kids are out of " limelight " . She is the mother ,she should know better.

Palin should apologize to Letterman too ,of saying every young girl should stay away from Letterman.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• You CANNOT apologize with sarcasm. It he NEVER said "Bristol and Willow I apologize for ___________________________________", he was a jerk even about his fake "apology" which makes him seem like in his own mind and his follower's minds they just laugh even more about it.

He's not a MAN. He can't even apologize about slandering little girls, 18 or 14 - who cares, he is STILL wrong and nasty!
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 9:10 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• IT WAS WEAK AND UNNECESSARY
    jenniamigo

Answer by jenniamigo at 9:19 AM on Jun. 16, 2009