Any tips for keeping a 8 month old happy in his car seats during a long car trip?

My son does not like his car seat and gets very upset during travel. We are planning a trip to visit family 8 hours away and I am very nervous about it. Please share any secrets to keep baby happy in his car seat. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does he just not like it...or is he really uncomfortable? My kids always sweat so bad in their carseats. Even if I had the a/c on, those things are just way too hot!
    U should be able to find diff toys to clip on his seat. Whoever isn't driving, try sitting in the back w/him & keep him entertained, sing songs, play w/his lil feet, whatever makes him giggle.
    Hope I helped-even if just a lil! Good luck & travel safely!
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 9:07 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Overnight travel! My husband and I have to travel 14 hours to get home to our families and we ALWAYS do the trip at night so our kids will sleep the whole way. We've driven this trip when our children have been between the ages of 6 months to 26 months.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 9:14 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Yes night travel is the best. When ever we have to take a long trip thats what we do. The only downfall with that is when you get there you are really tired and the kids are well rested and want to play..
    jmann83

Answer by jmann83 at 9:35 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Definatly drive through the night! It is the ONLY way we travel for more than like 2 hours! Other wise it is miserable the whole time! Good luck =]
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 11:44 AM on Jun. 16, 2009