Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC for 4 months,then hubby suddenly changed his mind!!

What if your husband agreed to try to have a second baby,and you went through the stress of trying for four months and didnt get pregnant during that time,and he suddenly announced that he changed his mind and didnt want a baby right now? and what if you already had one kid,so its not like its the first time? Also,he said if I was already pregnant from trying for 4 months,it would be ok. He has no logical reasoning or explanation or anything .Just says hes not ready. I think the thought of trying scares him. But he doesnt know how hurt I am. Thanks for reading!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

Answers (6)
  • i'm sorry! i know how frustrated you both must be. maybe he is acting that way because he feels discouraged?

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

  • maybe instead of trying, you guys can make sex interesting, and just let it happen if its going to happen. Take the stress out of it.

    Answer by vgiron at 9:03 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

  • Exactly what Vgiron said. My hubby and I tried for the longest time. Then he changed his mind. I was soo hurt, that I ended up with depression. Maybe you need to tell him exactly how you feel. Thats what I did with my husbend. And he said well if you get pregnant then you do, if not then oh well. So I started making it fun for us, wich in turn makes him want it more, and then in creasing our chance of getting pregnant. Give it a try mama it will happen.

    Answer by mommy20081 at 9:24 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

  • I'm sorry to hear that. what I've learned is you can't press the issue. You can ask him in a couple of weeks why the sudden change of heart? but, the fact is anybody in the relationship can change their mind, they have that right. It could be numerious reasons. Wait a little bit to approach your hubby about it. And do it in a nice calming concerned way. I can understand wanting to have another but it's best not to press the issue.
    good luck to you!

    Answer by Sillylins at 11:06 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

  • My husband did the same thing after 3 months. I know it's hurtful, but if he's not ready, he's not ready, and it's best to wait until he is. Maybe try just letting it happen if it's going to instead of trying all the time, like PPs have said. (On a side note, 3 days after my hubby said that, we conceived our daughter.....)

    Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:20 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

  • My hubby and I decided to get off BC and let nature run it's course...3 months into it he decided he wasn;t sure. I wasn't the one trying so I decided to just get back on BC. Then he decided he liked the idea of nature taking it's course.. I talked to him about it and he said the stress of making love to have a baby made him uncomfortable. I told him we weren't doing that all we were doing was just NOT taking BC. That seemed to make him comfortable....Untill 2 weeks ago when he decided he wanted me to buy ovulation kits to see when I ovulate...MEN. He decided the natural way was taking too long and wants to try to speed up the process. I know this doesn't answe your question but atleast you know that you aren't the only one:)

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.