Does any one have any new ideas for boxed lunches?

kids are picky eaters. no peanut butter allowed.

CharletteP

Asked by CharletteP at 8:57 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Food & Drink

• no peanut butter!?! damn, that was what i was going to suggest. HMM..

is there going to be a cooler? if so, maybe bologna sandwhiches.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:00 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• What about other nut butters? Like almond butter or cashew butter? They are found in the organic/natural section of the grocery store.

cheese and crackers, veggies and dip

Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:13 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Cheese and crackers, yogurt, applesauce. Dry cereal in a bowl (they get the milk at school). Put cream cheese on a tortilla and a slice of ham or salami and roll up, cut into "wheels". A nice salad. Tuna or another macaroni salad, potato salad. Go to www.kraftfoods.com, they have a spot on there just for boxed lunches.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:45 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• DS is still little so they will heat anything I send, so he usually gets chicken nuggets or macaroni and cheese.

DD is in the older class and they won't heat her food so she usually gets, jelly on whole wheat or a slice of cold pizza, or I put something hot in a thermos, chicken noodle soup or chicken nuggets, she also loves leftover chinese chicken and broccoli.

Then side snacks are usually fresh fruit, pretzels and yogurt (kids only go 2x per week so I don't need a zillion choices, TG!)

gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I have a large list of bagged lunch ideas that I have collected over the years. If you send me a message, I will be happy to forward the list to you.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:38 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Some oriental kids in my preschool class used to bring left over dinners for lunch.They'd have those rubbermaid lunch containners and fill them up with rice,vegetables and chicken or beef.Some day I'm going to try that because dinners are alot more nutritious than a sandwich.I would get a lunch box or bag and container that retains heat to keep the dinner warm.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 6:41 PM on Jun. 16, 2009