Is It Possible...

to have 3 miscarriages in under 6 months? I have a friend who was very close before I became pregnant, but almost completely stopped speaking to me after my pregnancy test came up pos. (my DH and I have been trying to conceive for 3 years). She already has 2 kids (one hers, one from her husband by a previous marriage) and I think she wanted to be pregnant along beside me, which would have been awesome! But then she started calling saying she was pregnant. She waited to go to the doctor for weeks, then said she had had a miscarriage. I was devastated for her, and tried to be as sensitive as I could to her loss. However, a week after the miscarriage, she announced she was pg again, only to have a miscarriage 3 weeks later. Two weeks after that, its the same thing. She was pg , didn't go to a doc, and even had morning sickness and cravings and said she could feel the baby move. (Continued down below)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well for those of you who don't know...and apparently some of you dont...
    no, it's not possible...you have to wait for a whole other cycle to pass...witch is a min. of 4 weeks, then another 2wks to ovulate...so thats a min. of 6 wks. wich if u speak to a doctor...then you would know. now, any takers??? because i just had a real misscarrage of one 3wk and one 6wk and 1day twins...so, i take this shit to heart...ppl just pretending to become pregnant, then just pretending to loose a baby, like it means nothing really pisses me off. i cant stand liers like that.. misscarring a baby isn't a pleasurable experiance...even if u didn't want to be pregnant...that is a little human dying inside of you...and it hurts...physically, and emotionally...it's not fun, and not something that you wish on other ppl, and not somethin that you wish on your self...but expecially not somethin that you JUST, make up! hope that answers your Q.
    melissacoulter

Answer by melissacoulter at 9:25 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• yes. it's possible. it takes about what? uhh 2 weeks to conceive. so i believe so.
    summerdaile

Answer by summerdaile at 9:09 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• (OP) Now, three weeks later she is saying the same thing about a miscarriage, even though she still has not been to a doctor (I and her DH have both urged her to go see one). I feel like crap even thinking this, but is it possible she is making up the miscarriage story, in order to perhaps make up for not being pg with me? I don't know what to do and feel like an a$$ just thinking like this!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• it happened to me... not six months... it happened in eight months!!! was devestating!!!!! however this does sound a little suss... i would think six months would be a little quick.... but i dont know... good luck to you and her!!!
    sunshine89

Answer by sunshine89 at 9:15 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• yes it can happen. Even after you have already had a successful pregnancy. They actually have a name for that but I can't remember what it is. After the birth of her last one her hormones could have changed, she could have developed a thyroid problem or any number of things could be causing it.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 9:23 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Thank you all for your answers! I feel really bad that I even thought of that, but I had to know! I will make sure to be there for her through this time for her, and urge her to go to the doctor as soon as possible to have it checked out!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• oh, and further more...it takes 1 day to ovulate, and sperm has to meet an eg in 12 to 24 hours...then after being fertilized it takes 5-12 days to attach to the utern wall...called implantation...and thats when ur really..."pregnant"...and even if u would misscarry that day you wouldnt know it and it would still take six weeks for another 24 hour shot at becoming pregnant...so again...NO...IT'S NOT POSSIBLE... dont feel bad, she's a lier!
    melissacoulter

Answer by melissacoulter at 9:29 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• (OP here) I cannot understand what would make her want to lie like that! This is my first pg that was successful; I've had 3 miscarriages but they were years apart so i can def. say that it is NOT something I would even wish on someone else!!! I think one of the things that made me start thinking was the offhand way she treated it, but i figured honestly she was just trying to be brave about the whole situation. I cannot comprehend someone doing that, and so I felt horrible even doubting her. I do not think we will be friends for much longer.... Thank you Melissa for your answer and I am very very sorry for your loss!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I'm sorry, but after loosing my babies, I know how bad it hurts, I couldnt look at my husbend for weeks with out crying. And I actualy talked to my dr about how long would it take for us to get pregnant if we tried right away, he said it would take the min of 4 weeks for me to start my first cycle and min of 5 weeks to ovulate again. and in order to be conciderd pregnant it would take 6 to 7 weeks for implantation. So if you do the math... there's only 24 wks in 6 months, if she gets pregnant right off the spot, looses the baby, And tries again right off the spot that right there is 14 weeks, and thats only if she's ovulating at the begining of the month, then she looses and tries again... thats 22 weeks... so that would make number 3. Yes its possible but VERY VERY unlikly.
    mommy20081

Answer by mommy20081 at 9:41 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• i don't know if it is possible, but i can't help but to think that it's not. every women is different as is every pregnancy, so you can't really take every womens opinion on this. so i would talk to her or her husband about it, if this is true then i don't think you should be asking publishly, with someones problem, miscarriage was not something that should be played with and i have not experinced a miscarriage and while i have been pregnant i have feared losing my son, and still do, even though he is only a month or so away. most of these mothers say it is possible, but they are not your friend, their bodies are not made the same way, only your friend can answer this question truthfully.
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 11:22 AM on Jun. 16, 2009