Looking for a group that supports moms with teen boys, Help!

summer1964

Asked by summer1964 at 9:13 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I have found that this sight helps with both... I have raised a son he is now 22 and will be 23 in a month. I would be glad to help or listen.
    mxmtaylor

Answer by mxmtaylor at 9:33 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• You are there Hun!!! I will listen or help as much as I can, my son will be 13 on July 4th and he is already getting a nasty teen attitude.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:24 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Yeah, I was up from 3am last night out of fear of how to tell my teen son that, "No, you can't just blow the leaves over into the other part of the yard, you need to rake them and throw them away." It seems so simple. I aready said this yesterday, but when I kept repeating my request calmly, he hounded me into giving him a "reason." That's when I said I'd check with his dad to see how he felt about it. But, I should be able to stand my ground, on my own on this issue. I wimped out. I just get so exhausted with his arguing that I use my husband as the fall guy. How would any of you have handled this? Thanks alot. I hope this site is what I need!!!!
    MaeElizabeth

Answer by MaeElizabeth at 11:59 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I am here, have a 15 yr boy who is a golden child sometimes and the devil others. I just have decided to choose my battles. Like his bedroom I was so sick of nagging him about it and him getting an attitude about it. , I just decided to do it myself when he is not here. I know i could have closed the door but I cant stand it. We are going camping for a few days this summer just to get that quality time. send me a note if you want to chat. I am always here.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 12:26 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I have just joined this site. I have three boys, two of which are teens. One 17 and one 14 1/2. Our third is 9. Everyone said that boys are easier as they get older. When??? This is proving to be the most challenging time of my life. Our 14 year old, who we have been told has ADD, has become basically out of control at home but is an angel outside of the home. We are so desperate that we are actually considering sending him to a wilderness camp this summer. It is heartbreaking but he is basically terrorizing the family when he is home. Anyone out there with any similar circumstances?
    cucbhappy

Answer by cucbhappy at 2:41 PM on Jun. 16, 2009