How do I get my daughter to pee in the potty at night?

My daughter who will be 3 in September has been day time potty trained for a while now. Our problem comes at night time, I put a pull up on her after she uses the potty, but before she gets the chance to use it she takes it off. She hates wearing the pull ups. During her naps I put panties on her and she doesn't have any accidents. What do I do to get her through the night? I put her potty in her bedroom and have told her that if she needs to go at night to get up and use the potty and then get back in bed, that worked a couple of times, but now we are back to accidents. What do I do?

HollysMommy

Asked by HollysMommy at 9:19 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• bribe her? say that when she does get up to do it, that youll make a special breakfast or something for her......?
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 9:27 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Pennies have worked in the past, but to keep our daughter dry during the night I wake her up at midnight and put her on the potty myself.
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 10:44 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I dealt with this with my soon to be 3 year old also. I just had to brave it out and put her in panites at night. If she had an accident then I told her she had to wear her pull ups to bed(which she also hated because they were uncomfortable) So she would go back to pull ups for 3 days or so then we went back to panties and eventually she got it. I also made sure not to give her anything to drink about 1hr before bedtime and that helps. Its a pain to have to clean up pee sheets but I had to remind myself that it wouldn't last forever
    thinline

Answer by thinline at 10:47 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Thank You for your replies. I will put her in panties tonight and wake up in the middle of the night to take her potty to see how that works. I know that she only pees in her pull up once or twice during the night. I just hate changing her sheets every day, but I will see how it goes tonight, WISH ME LUCK! If this doesn't work, I will think of something to bribe her with.
    HollysMommy

Answer by HollysMommy at 11:57 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Mine was four, reading and tying her shoes before she was out of diapers at night.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2009