How do I leave home with premixed formula? I'm so use to using powder.

Do I leave with it warm/cold?

kyaiandneve

Asked by kyaiandneve at 9:21 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well it depends on how soon you want to use it. If you need to use it really soon after leaving then it can be warm. But if it is going to be a while you want to take it cold.. May want to even use an ice pack to keep it from spoiling.. Formula spoils quick in the summer heat.
    jmann83

Answer by jmann83 at 9:23 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• My kids would drink it warm or cold so I was lucky. I did have a friend that used those hand warmer things that you can put in your gloves (get them at The Sports Authority) to keep the formula warm. At first it made me giggle, then I realized, hey that really works!
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 9:25 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• We only use the liquid concentrate and it is kept cold and then we boil water and put in a thermos to take with us to warm the bottles up. We also take a cup to pour the hot water into when it's time for our babies to eat. If you are using the actual ready to feed stuff though, I would say that you should make that into bottles before you go, because then you have to store what you don't use. I would recommend that if you can afford it and you're going to be out and about this once or whatever, that maybe you could buy the ready to feed nursettes. Those you do not have to keep cold. They are room temp and you just pop a clean nipple on them and they are ready to eat.
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 9:27 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• If your going to be out for a while before feeding, make sure its cold and keep it in an insulated bag. WHen you need to warm it up you can run it under hot water in a bathroom or somewhere with a sink for a few minutes.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:10 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Thanks Guys!!!!
    kyaiandneve

Answer by kyaiandneve at 12:54 PM on Jun. 18, 2009