does anyone have easy dinner recipes with chicken?

not fried - just baked or grilled with what kind of sides? i'm cleaning out my pantry and have lots of rice and i have potatoes.......i really do not like to cook.....my son only eats pizza, pasta, burgers, cereal, pb & j's, soft shell crabs (go figure) so it's hard to cook a meal that everyone likes.....any help would be great! God bless, kfpundsr

kfpundsr

Asked by kfpundsr at 9:23 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Put it over a baked potato with some cheese bacon and onion
    Chicken tacos are good
    and a really simple one is a chichen caserol with egg noodles( or rice) cream of chicken mixed veggies bake and enjoy My guys at work really love it
    Countrymommy03

Answer by Countrymommy03 at 9:32 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Marinade in 1000 Island Dressing for about 30 minutes, cover in breadcrumbs and bake at 350 for about 30-45 minutes. Use boneless, skinless breasts or tenders. Serve with mashed potatoes. My extremely picky child loves this.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:42 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Make an easy chicken soup. You can bake the chicken in a casserole dish with enough water to cover it - 350 for an hour. Sometimes I boil it on the stove top too. When done, put the chicken on a cutting board and shred when cool enough to handle. In the broth, cook whatever veggies or other foods you have on hand. Add the shredded chicken back in. I will sometimes add herbs like basil. My son is fairly picky but loves chicken soup.
    Lori-1008

Answer by Lori-1008 at 10:55 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• One of our favorite things to make is Chicken and Rice. There are lots of different recipes out there, but it's basically Cream of chicken, mushroom or celery soups mixed with water, poured over rice (in a casserole dish). Then you put chicken on top of it all and bake it! It's way yummy and even better......EASY! It's a family favorite here!

Fajitas would be a good way to use your chicken (also easy).....make some Mexican rice with it to use your rice up. In your local supermarket there should be an aisle with mexican cooking supplies etc. Look for KNORR brand Caldo De Tomate. (It's chicken boullion with tomato flavor). Brown your rice in oil. ( I also throw in some diced onion and a jalapeno with holes poked in it. (Doesn't add heat, just flavor) Do 1 cup of rice to 2 cups of water with the seasoning in it. Follow directions on boullion for amt to use. Cook on stovetop like normal rice. Very yummy!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 11:23 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• One more.......

My hubby just started making me the best potatoes. He cuts them up, puts them in a ziploc bag, puts in just a tad of olive oil and dumps in a packet of lipton onion soup mix. He shakes it all up, puts it in a casserole dish and bakes! So yummy!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 11:24 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• We don't eat meat. But I have a ton of healthy, tasty, family and budget friendly recipes. I can list some;contact me for recipes.
    Noodles & veggies with peanut sauce
    Veggie pot pie
    Lentil tacos
    Squashed macaroni
    Sweet potato & black bean burritos
    Sloppy jojos (made with lentils)
    Noodles with beans, sauce, spinach&cheese
    Italian stew
    Veggie stew with dumplings (crockpot)
    Southwest falafel (bean patties with avocado sauce)
    Tofu "fish sticks" with sweet potato or acorn squash baked "fries"
    General Tsao’s Tofu
    Tamale Bean Pie

Answer by rkoloms at 4:37 PM on Jun. 16, 2009