"For those of you who are stay at home moms and suffering..."

I woke up this morning to that in my inbox. It's the beginning of an avon rep trying to recruit people. I kind of find it offensive. I am a stay at home mom, but I am no where near suffering, and I thought it was against the rules to SPAM people (I don't know the person who sent me this message at all). Did I wake up on the wrong side of the bed, or would you find this offensive too?

ajguinn

Asked by ajguinn at 9:25 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in About CafeMom

• its messages like those that give the WAHM and sales at home businesses at home a bad rap.

I sell avon and that is offensive to me too...
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:46 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• its very annoying but i havn't gotten it today.though i have gotten them in the past
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 9:27 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• It would bother me too. What a crappy way to advertise.
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 9:27 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Aw man, if I got offended by all the spam i got, I'd a an inbox phobia, lol.

she probably meant suffering in context to money - and trying to get you to "work from home.
    im sure it didn't mean suffering as in not happy to be with your kids all day.

"delete" and forget it. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• i agree with you...
    melissacoulter

Answer by melissacoulter at 9:33 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Maybe I should send her a message (not a mean one!) and tell her that her wording offended me. I know that people have to make a living, and it wasn't the fact that she was trying to sell or recruit that bothered me, it was the wording of the message.  As anon said above, the lady just meant "suffering" in a financial sense.  I think I'm just a little sensitive this week because I'm going to be so busy (I have to write two papers, take two tests, and do it all on the road because of doctors appointments and ultrasounds...I am amazed that I'm not in labor yet!). 

ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:59 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• YOU ARE NOT SENSITIVE, I WOULD HAVE FELT THE SAME WAY.

Answer by older at 10:11 AM on Jun. 16, 2009