Vasectomy Question

My husband and I are considering him getting a vasectomy.

If your husband/SO has gotten one, can you share your experience?

*recovery time
*does everything work and look the same?
*cost -if you know it (insurance does not cover and we have to pay out of pocket)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Health

• I can only share a funny story about a guy at my office that got one...when he came back he said the most intimidating part was when the nurse came in and taped it to his...chest LOL. but they really do tape it up.
    From what Ive heard it is a very simple procedure and everything works the same after. Just follow doctors orders and rest the day or 2 after or they could experience swelling and soreness.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:32 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• he said it felt like he was kicked in the balls. they have to wear a jock strap for a while the sagging hurts lol buy two so when you wash the one he has another. they have to cum like up to 60 times and get tested so you know they are steralized. it looks feel and works the same the first couple of times he does have sex it will feel strange just because they had a surgery but it will feel fine once the pain goes away but i would wait some time after the surgery befor having sex because it will hurt if you do it the next day lol i dont know about the cost i heard antwhere from 1000- 2000 ish. make sure 110% this is what you want becasue its not always garunted to be reversable. good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• it was also fuuny when we went.. he was so nrevouse and ill i could do was make jokes.. it was painfull for him though.. it looks like they just burnd speggynoodles apart.. i got to set in and watch.. my man is a big baby, so it took over two weeks for him to get over it.. (its been 8w) and he still trys to use it.. LOL but just ice them down, take the medz, and let him keep his feet up.. and your good to go.. we just did our 8w cum in a cup and it was clean, so they askd us for another in four.. we are betting they are clean to.. the cost for us wasnt anything, 25.00 co pay, ins took care of the rest.. but our papers said tthe total cost was around 996.00 if we had to pay.. so ggod luck mama.. if you need anything else just message me..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 9:40 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• My husband had a vasectomy 11 years ago now. The recovery time was two to three days. Everything works exactly the same. There is just no live sperm in the cum. But they still have orgasms and cum. It was very freeing to be able to have sex and not worry about getting pregnant. It enhanced our sex life after. Just make sure he goes back for the recheck to make sure there are no live swimmers left or getting through. cause he can have live ones still in the reserve and there won't be new ones getting through but the ones left you can still get pregnant until you are for sure he is shooting blanks. LOL. you have to use protection for the first several times to clear out any live ones left. Hope this helps
    4grtkds

Answer by 4grtkds at 9:43 AM on Jun. 16, 2009