are pregnancy tests always accurate?

cause i took one and it said negative and now i am having very bad morning sickness and swollen tender boobs and i missed my period.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no, it could have been to early or you just may need a blood test, call your dr
    Chick

Answer by Chick at 9:44 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• can an obgyn office do a blood test.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I am in the same boat as you. I am over 10 days late and I have had 4 negative pregnancy tests. I have never skipped a period before. I have all the symptoms that I did when I was pregnant with my daughter, excpet the positive. I am going nuts!! LOL! I called my doctor and they said to give it another week and a half and then call back if I still have not gotten my period.

Are ou TTC?
    AlyssasMommy421

Answer by AlyssasMommy421 at 10:05 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I know a couple of things that could alternate the results of a urine pregnancy test. For one take the test with your FIRST morning pee. That pee has the most of the pregnancy hormone in it. Also don't drink Lots of fluid to make you pee. That will only water down your urine and make it come up negitive. Also maybe you took the test to early give it another week or so then retest. If you cant wait and really wanna know there is no harm with going to the doctors and getting a test done by them since you will have to anyways. Good Luck!
    Ames826

Answer by Ames826 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• i was on birth control and the night i got off was when i'm sure by my due date that i got pregnant, with my husband, but it took nearly a month before a home pregnancy test would comform my thoughts. this discouraged me, and i thought i was pregnant but everytime the test gave me a negetive i thought that all the rough housing with my cousins made it hard if not impossible for me to be pregnant and i didn't know how to tell my husband, since i had got it into his mind that i wnated three children and he would think that it was becasue of his age. but november 24th i found out that i was pregnant and i was so happy and he was so happy. i read up that home pregnancy test can be wrong 1%-2% and it would take a while for the home test to tell. but you should go to the doctor to be sure, but you might be pregnant
    sherlockhlm

Answer by sherlockhlm at 11:00 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• false negatives are VERY common!!! call your doc. I have even known people to get false negatives there but they are less common!! GOOD LUCK!!
    Kennedysmommy13

Answer by Kennedysmommy13 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 16, 2009