what a good book for 8 year old girl

for her to read over summer

sweetpea292

Asked by sweetpea292 at 9:49 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• There is a book called "Ramona Quimby, Age 8"

Also, go to a website, I think it's called Family Education, they have a list of suggested reading for every age.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:52 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• my 8 year old is in LOVE with Junie B, jones.

she also loves the Rainbow magic fairy series of books.
    http://www.rainbowmagiconline.com/uk/books/index.html

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:57 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• this is weird but its a good book me and my dd age 12 my sd age 10 love is 1001 unbeleaveable facts ( mind boggling impossible, weird ) by helen otway also 1001 horrible facts ( a yuckopedia of gross truths about everything ) by anne rooney and both are big books, i know we couldnt put them down. there intresting and easy to read.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:01 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• My 8 year daughter loves the American Girl series. She can't stop reading them. The books are set up in different time periods so they get a little history lesson. Also there is an older series that we just discovered at the library Betsy, Tacy and Tib by Lovelace, Maud Hart. I hope that helps.
    6greatkids

Answer by 6greatkids at 10:05 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• My 8yo loves these stupid fairy books they have (they are series...jewel fairies, weather fairies, pet fairies, etc). Each book in the series continues into the next. She loves them but they are like a 2nd grade level and she reads way above that.
    She also likes the Ramona books, Ivy & Bean books, Diary of a Wimpy Kid and her new favorites are the Bunnicula series.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:14 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• What about some of the childrens classics like Charlottes Web?
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 10:49 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• My daughter loved The Diary of a Wimpy Kid series, American Girl, Charlottes Web is great, and the Goosebumps series. Plus, book on anything she is interested in. We bought every book on Horses we could find. Now that she's almost 10, she is reading the Little House on the Praire series. Good Luck!
    caligirl74

Answer by caligirl74 at 10:44 AM on Jun. 22, 2009