Advice

i love my hubby and my baby but sometimes i feel as if im not good enough...do any of you feel like that? And how to make it better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• I have felt like that too. Just know that no one is perfect. And that you are good enough. Don't ever let yourself believe you are not. Get involved in a group or find a hobby to get into. It helps to have others to talk to and an outlet. Everyone does everything differantly. Do no compare yourself to others. You are you and no one else. If your kid is happy and you and your husband are happy. Then you are perfect. Enjoy life and what you have.
    4grtkds

Answer by 4grtkds at 9:57 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• When the dishes are piled up and there is laundry all over the house. When my kids are whining because I didn't fix what they wanted for lunch. When the baby is screaming her head off and she has to wait a little while longer because I am busy. When my DH has his needs ignored for the third night in a row because I am so tired and he keeps telling my how wonderful I am. When I see people with their kids and how their kids will sit and listen and not run around like wild turkeys. I could go on, but there are a million times in a week where I feel like I am doing a horrible job. Where I feel like I drowning and there is nothing that can save me. Then my kids tell me they love me and I hear how I am doing a good job. It makes me feel better. Take a break. Take a deep breath and look at your family. Are they happy? Are they healthy and well fed? Do they have clean clothes? continued...

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 12:05 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Is the house generally clean? Then momma, you need to stop putting yourself down. If your baby looks at you with a smile and knows you love her then you are doing a great job. You need ti hold your head up high and remember there is no one who has a situation like yours and you are doing your best with what you have. Remember mom, you ARE a good mom and wife.  If you keep that in mind you won't feel not good enough.  I wish there was something else I could say to make you feel better.  Make tonight about you.  If your DH is at home then have him take care of the baby while you pamper yourself.  Take a kong hot bath, and do your nails, get a facial you can do at home.  Maybe if you pamper yourself, you might feel better about yourself.  Good luck.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 12:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• i feel like that all the time... i feel like my dd would be better off with her acholic dad then with me and i feel my dh would rather be with someone else then me...sometimes i make a "plan" and try to figure out how to exacute it....i have tried suiced many of times and i always end up back in councleing and on meds...i was diagnoised bi-polar 3 years ago but i still have these feeling u just have to work through them call a good friend in my case its my therpist and just talk intill the feeling subside. remind ur self what makes u a good mom and remind ur self u love ur childeren and dh
    Anonymous