Do you think your doctor would give it the go ahead if the grandparents were leaving town?

I know that sounds a little ridiculous, but my MIL is going to another state for radiation treatments. She wouldn't be able to see the baby for weeks after this. My c-section is in 9 days. We didn't know before hand that she was going the day before I have my baby. So I have an appointment in an hour and I'm wondering if I should say anything at all. If the baby is healthy I wonder if he'd move the date up? Anyone ever had experience with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think it all depends on the dr. My sis got to move her induction up so she could have the baby while her hubby was home on R&R from Iraq. It never hurts to ask. Good Luck
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 11:58 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• i'd say ask, your dr, theres no harm in asking, tell him the reason. How far along are you. if your over 37 weeks it shouldn't be a problem
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 10:01 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I tried asking my OB if we could induce while my husband was home on leave from Iraq and she said no. I was 38 weeks when he came home. Since it's a schedule c-section, though, you might have a better chance. It definitely won't hurt to ask! Good luck and I hope your MIL is okay.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:02 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• 38 weeks on Thursday...I've also been to the hospital a few times with contractions. He said then that if I labored and got to a 3 or 4, he'd go ahead with the c-section. I've been having more contractions pretty much all day yesterday (not steady) and bad ones this morning.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I don't think it would be a problem to move it up a couple of days. I would definitely ask.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:04 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Just ask your doctor. Altho most couples dont like to admit thats why they get induced early, they still do it. My sister in law did the same thing.
    Ames826

Answer by Ames826 at 10:37 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• the only time I know of a doctor going ahead was for a friend of mine who's mom was dying.

they delivered baby a week early and the mom passed away the next day.

but you never know, your doctor may have different point of view or way of doing things. Mine wouldn't have - she was opposed to an induction after I was inlabour for 6 weeks. All docs are different.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:00 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Well it didn't work. He said he "couldn't" because of the baby's lungs. I get that, and I'd never want to endanger my child. But he did say a few weeks ago that after the 34th week they wouldn't stop labor if I did dilate to a 3 or 4. He contradicts himself, but oh well. I'll just have to wait the 9 days!
    Anonymous