sores on the butt?

my daughter has had diaper problems for a long time. However, this one is new to us.. she has developed sores that look like spider bites on her bottom... I know they're NOT spider bites, but they hurt her and none of the creams seem to be working. I am taking her to the doctor on Friday, but was wondering if anyone knew a good way to relieve the discomfort?

kristal2146

Asked by kristal2146 at 10:06 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my dd had ulcers b/c her pee scalded her...the dr i took her to said to get a bowl or a jar and mix hydracortizion for the itching and a+d ointment fo rthe burning...we used this intill she was out of diapers...we notice imdeated result the next day...try this and see if it works...i still use it on the lo i take care of
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• What do they look like? Do they look like mosquitto bites, like big welts? Or are they little tiny bumps that are clustered together? Are they on the cheek or are they closer to the anus and perineum?

Tiny little bumps closer to the anus and perineum would indicate a yeast infection. My son had this after a round of antibiotics. My doctor recommended over the counter Lotrimin and when that didn't work he was able to prescribe something else.

If she's in a lot of discomfort I'd call the doc and see if he can get her in sooner. You don't want her to suffer for 4 more days before he can see her. Don't be shy about getting her treatment.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:05 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• the bumps are all over, some are close to her 'areas' and others are just on the cheek. We've tried the prescription yeast infection stuff and it didn't help.
    I will try the hydrocortizone and a&d.. thanks
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2009