where should i go on vacation with a 3 yr old and 2 month old? CHEAP!!

dordoo

Asked by dordoo at 10:12 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Travel

• Do you live somewhere tourists visit? Is there a 5-star hotel or resort nearby?

My hubby and I used to 'vacation' downtown (usually in the offseason), in a hotel with a pool and room service, just for the weekend. We figured people paid thousands of dollars to come to our beautiful city, and we could 'get away' by not telling anyone which of the 30 hotels we'd picked without the travel costs. We spent days doing what tourists did: sightseeing, eating out, museums, events like concerts and plays.

I had a 'vacation' once with just my kids (dh is in the navy) by telling everyone we were going away, hiring a maid for a day while we went downtown exploring, and then ordering in for a weekend in our nice, clean house.

Camping is cheap, but hard to do without experienced campers or a few extra adults around -- but there is nothing like having to haul water and cook on a fire to make home feel luxurious and relaxing!
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:55 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Come to Chicago! You don't need a car. You can get a great deal on a hotel through Priceline. Free Movies and concerts in the parks; free nieghborhood and ethnic festivals; museums; beaches; lots of great things to do and places to see!

Answer by rkoloms at 1:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I would travel to Hawaii or Disneyland. To any of the oceans or beaches.
    northcalmomof3

Answer by northcalmomof3 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Visit California
    northcalmomof3

Answer by northcalmomof3 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 16, 2009