HELP!!!

my dd colored all over my parents walls!!!....im afraid to use mr clean erasers b/c they might take off the paint...is there another way to get crayon off from walls...when my parents get home they will FLIP!!!...PLEASE HELP!!!

rainmommy

Asked by rainmommy at 10:33 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• I thought I heard windex but I have yet to try it if you do only do a test spot first.
    CarrienKansas

Answer by CarrienKansas at 10:35 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Mr. Clean Magic Erasers do NOT take the paint off the walls. I had to use them when my son colored with Sharpie Marker on my parents walls. You can try scrubbing with soap and water, but I doubt it will work. Mr. Clean Erasers are your best bet.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:35 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• The erasers can rub the paint off, but if you do it lightly, just where the markings are, it usually isn't noticeable at all. I used it on a painted wall, and it smudged the paint a little, but once it dried you couldn't even tell.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I think they just "look" like they rub the paint off, but like I said, once dry, the paint looks the same.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• sorry, I don't have any other ideas- I have always used the mr clean erasers.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:12 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• The eraser work fine, but the Huggies wipes work great too. I found this out after my ds went on a coloring spree. I grabbed the wipes and the marker and crayon came off really fast. Now you can't tell he colored on them. HE is also grounded for life from them.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:15 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Try the wipes first. Then Mr. Clean; if you go gently it should be fine. Just make sure you hold a cloth under the sponge to catch runoff or drops on the carpet.

And change out your child's crayons for the washable kind; those are very easy to clean off walls. Usually you can just clean those with water.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 11:59 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• A warm iron and paper towels. Just 'iron' over the area with a pad of paper towels covering it, and the wax will melt off and be absorbed.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:08 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• ask your local hardware paint store for advice, man up first have your child wash the wall (worked for my kids) they never wrote on another wall !! Kids need to know there are consquences to thier actions. Then remove all markers crayons pencils ect... from thier reach and create a special place only for these to be used. Magic easer should work. This is something we have all been through one time or another. Adult up take care of the situation. Let your parents know about it don't try to hide it that makes it worse!! We sometimes forget to supervise our kids I know I did. when they are quiet check on them!! good also when they are giggling uncrontolably. they are quick!! good l uck
    gmarose

Answer by gmarose at 12:38 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• that was supposed to have been good luck at the last part.
    gmarose

Answer by gmarose at 12:39 PM on Jun. 16, 2009