When you bash teen moms- what exactly in your opinion is a teen mom and an adult mom?? 13, 14,15,17?

is 13-17 considered a teen or is 13-19 considered a teen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• a 30 yr old can be as immature as a 16 yr old. honestly teens have sex..thats a common fact. you should be putting your kidson birth control if you know they are sleeping around. and i really dont get mad at teen moms....most of them dont do it on purpose but they do need to become mature pretty damn quick.
    nine timesout of ten i would blae the teens mom for not giving her proper knowledge about sex, protection and the actions that could follow.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:38 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• if we taught our children that sex is not to be taken lightly then maybe we wouldn't have this problem!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• yea ....
    when i was growing up my mother was very frank with me about sex....she told me all the inns and outs..more than i wanted to hear lol. she talked to me about birth control...about planned parenthood and howi could get free birth controlw itout her knowing if i decided to have sex....about the love with it, about how men view women with 20 parenters compared to 5...and in the end i waited till iw as 18 and with my boyfriend for oever a year for my first time. now i wish i would of waited for my hubby but at the time i thought i was going to marry that guy. but the point is even with the kids at school making fun of me for being a virgin, i had the knowledge my mom gave me and i knew it was best that i just waited.....and my friend went to planned parenthood and got birtth control cause i passed on my moms info to her......you have to be honest with them.if you are a teen mom, good luck,you can do it
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:44 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• A "teen" Mom is AGED between 13 and 18ish. Now a "teen Mom" and "Adult Mom" is highly debatable! Although there is a huge maturity level difference, some adults leave that questionable. I think the point here is that it's not "bashing" teen Moms, it's the fact that most adults and a lot of Moms find it disappointing, sad and at times discouraging to see a very young girl become a Mom. Just as we wish for so much for our children, young girls/even young boys have a whole future ahead of them and it makes for a tougher road in an already challenging world. BUT I have to admitt that there are a group of young Mother's out there that do a damn good job and work really hard to become the best that they can and take damn good care of their kids. It is unfortunate that there are some "adult" Mother's you can't say the same for. All in all, the most important thing is that you take care of yourself and that you try to be the BEST MOM
    NoDramaMamma

Answer by NoDramaMamma at 10:48 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I think a "teen mom" is a young mom who dumps her kids off with her own parents, usually in highschool.
    Not all teen mothers are bad, I know a lot of them that are more responsible than older moms.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• In my opinion, any mom that has a child before they are financially and emotionally ready are just really stupid. They know the consequences. In 5th or 6th grade you go through Sex Ed classes which tell you mostly what you need to know. Why bring a child into this world when you can't afford the things they need? And then with some teens, the parents end up raising the baby. How is that fair to any child? The same goes for adults, if you can't afford a baby, wait until you can. It's not fair to the kids! But most people are too selfish and just decide to have sex, regardless of the consequences.
    Anonymous

• I don't bash teen moms. Lets face it sex when you are young is Russian rulet and they are the ones that got caught. Now that being said there are teens out there that do make teen moms look bad. I was in the store a week ago and heard a 13 year old girls planning on getting pregnant and even said I don't want to be one of those old mothers who waits til she is 16 or 17 to have a baby. This is not the first time I have heard these things come out of an extremely young teenagers mouth, and might I add the amount of pda with her and her 17 year old boyfriend could have been considered soft core porn. When people see girls like this and hear them say these kinds of things it gives teen moms a bad rap. Granted they are probably only 2% of teen moms, but there actions stick in peoples heads a lot more than the 17 year old who has her act together.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 11:02 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I don't bash teen moms either - but when I refer to them I include up to 21. A twenty year old really doesn't have any more life experience than a 17 year old in the grand scheme of things - they just think they do.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:11 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I was a teen mother and i'm not afraid to admit because of what peple might say, i used to be, but why be put down by other people just because you made a decision, i was 18 at the time.

Things can work out, i would not say always for the best but in my case it worked out i have been with my husband since i was 13 so we'd been together 5/6 years.

I would consider a teen mom 13-19 because they are teens and they are moms.
    MummyMiller

Answer by MummyMiller at 11:39 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I don't bash teen moms. I respect them. It is so hard to be a mom period, let alone when you are still in high school.

to me a teen mom is any mom who is literally in her teens 13-19.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:58 AM on Jun. 16, 2009