How do you find time to clean house with a 7 month old?

New mom... dirty house... can't seem to fit in time to clean. I have had a tough time with all household chores. Baby stays in exer-saucer sometimes, but that is never really enough time to get one room clean. My husband is rarely home because of work, so I am solo with everything. Even when he is home, he does not help (this will never change, so don't need advice on this matter- lol). Anyone have any advice on how/when to clean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Jun. 16, 2009 in Home & Garden

• when he sleeps lol otherwise there is no time and it gets worse because after he is nine months its clinging to mommy and nothing gets done
    haydns_mommy

Answer by haydns_mommy at 10:40 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I am at home with a two-year old and a 10 month old, there's never really enough time to do EVERYTHING :) I would invest in a sling so you can clean and baby can still be close to you, or nap time is a good time to get some much needed cleaning done as well. Some things you are just going to have to let go and accept that it will get done later.......good luck....I totally understand how your feeling :)
    jokermom

Answer by jokermom at 10:42 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• and my life is the same way you just have to try and clean what you can its very hard my son is ten months old and i still can only manage to get the dishes done in one day and with no help from hubby hang in there and like i said take it one room at a time
    haydns_mommy

Answer by haydns_mommy at 10:42 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Some people are very against it, but I used to let my son watch a baby einstein video so I could clean. It still wouldn't be enough time to get everything done, but he would atleast watch long enough so i could get the dishes done and pick up. Now that he's 11 months he'll sit in his play pen and keep himself occupied with his toys long enough for me to get just about everything done, but not all at once. I have to do everything in 20 minute intervals or so.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 10:48 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• i have a 7 month old also, its really hard to find time to clean my house. i try to get things done while he's napping or at bedtime. and sometimes my mother in law will watch him so i can get caught up on laundry. but dont sweat it, its ok to have that "lived in" look, you have a baby, people will understand, love that baby and let the dishes go for a while!
    Best of luck!
    trl30

Answer by trl30 at 10:50 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I know what you mean. I have 2 young children. I usually clean when my kids are taking a nap.
    MommyLeary

Answer by MommyLeary at 10:51 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• also like sbastille said.......let your baby watch a baby video and play in a play pen, thats works for me too, or a bamboo seat, sit your child in the room with you while you clean, put on some fun music or the tv and they'll have a blast!
    trl30

Answer by trl30 at 10:52 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• a wrap. baby's close, and you don't have to worry about dumping him out. lol

during nap time.

I've got 3 so they do entertain each other to a certain degree.

but 10 minutes here and there on one task is usually enough to finish one thing. once you get everything done all you have to do is maintain as you go.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:57 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Put on the tv for him while you clean a room and then do something fun with him like a walk and when he takes a nap tackle another room. I have a 2.5 year old so it's even more difficult when they are running around throwing things everywhere. My house is always clean though just toy mess. Make time or tell your hubby to take the kid out while you get stuff done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• I have a ten month old not clingy yet I clean when he is sleeping I put him to bed between 8-9pm and I've recently started cleaning at night I clean for three hours straight on a Monday night(after he's gone to bed) and do light cleaning throughout the week during nap times. I am not a night person but it is only one night a week. Try it what can it hurt!!
    narmermama

Answer by narmermama at 11:41 AM on Jun. 16, 2009